Kalypso Unveils “Omerta – City of Gangters”
Kalypso Media has unveiled its latest oeuvre: Omerta – City of Gangsters, a strategy game focusing on the activities of organized crime in the 1920’s. Players will take on the role of a fresh-off-the-boat gangster as he struggles to make a name for himself and build a criminal empire in a prohibition-era Atlantic City. Gameplay will combine with strategic elements, as players spread their empire across the map, and tactical combat, with players fighting gun battles with rival games and the police.
Think of it as The Sims: Prohibition, with tactical turn-based combat. Player will work their way up the criminal hierarchy, eventually establishing their own crime syndicate.
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
- An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
Omerta – City of Gangsters is set for a Q4 2012 release on Windows PC.
via press release