Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The snowy freakshow will come at you from both sides in the beginning, with snow balls flying up from beneath and snowmen collapsing from above. Otherwise, there’s no challenge here, just get to the far right to move to the next section.
- In the next part, look for a fire guy to consume, and then look for ice blocks and a fuse above you. Torch them both, then run as fast as you can to the right to get into the cannon before the fuse catches up with you.
- In the secret room, take a running start to hit the star switch and get through the door before it closes. There are spikes on the other side, so odds are you’ll hit them, which is why there are nutrients above you as well as the first Sphere.
- The next section is all boot-y. When you reach the second boot, the big gold block before you has a door behind it. Inside is a fun bonus section where you have to jump off four snowballs one at a time to reach more gold blocks that protected a Sphere. After that, just keep going to the right of the stage you were in to reach the next star door.
- The next section is an extended stone slide. Jump up and over when you reach the gaps in the floor to avoid being shot by cannons hidden downstairs, but otherwise, just keep sliding and you’ll reach the next section. Here you get your choice of arms, which inevitably means a miniboss, doesn’t it? This one is a super Bonkers, and he gives you a monster hammer. This weapon isn’t as easily used as some of the other mega weapons, you need to be on top of your target and shake the controller, but there is no arguing with it’s nigh obscene destructive power. When you take out the largest popup bad guys at the end, you’ll reveal another black hole star.
- This black and white section can be a challenge because you’re usually carrying a key, which means your jumping ability is limited. Simply jump across for the first, then jump up for the second. For the third key, stay to the right, consume the two goobers, and then fire them into the blocks to reach the bottom before touching the key. In the fourth section, the jump across the top is as wide as you can go, so jump at the last possible second. In the fifth section you’ll consume a big brick and follow it as it drops the key. Then suck up all the tiny goobers to blast the next bricks free. Once you grab the cannon, you’re in the final section. Simply keep jumping to adjust the blast trajectory to clear all the bricks and goobers in the way, and look for the exit at the top right corner.
- You’re in another Doomer section now, and you get the choice of ninja or fire. I chose ninja and made short work of the boss for two more Spheres. Exit the star and head up and to the left to finish the stage.