Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The game will instruct you to inhale bad guys, using button one, to get the hang of controls. If you move past and come back, the bad guys will regenerate, in case you need more practice. The second sign post will remind you of your basic attack, but this time you’ll face a knight, and he will attack you. Another knight follows, along with some more of the basic bad guys, which we will now call goobers.
- The next assignment is to learn to dash, which will carry you across gaps. A strong jump after a dash will net you all the stars after the second dash. Then you learn how to float, which you do by jumping and then pumping the jump button. Hit attack in the air to kill the flying enemy and drop after you grab the cherry. Beyond that is a bad guy guarding a door, but first take a running leap from the highest point and float to the right. There’s a red star here for the taking. Then proceed through the door.
- Eat the next two enemies and then consume the knight. The next sign will tell you to push down, which will activate the sword, but it’s actually telling you to push down while you’re over the walkway, so you can proceed. Kill the goobers in your way, then you’ll see a star key. Pick it up, jump over the mushrooms, and open the door for your first Energy Sphere!
- Now you’ll learn the super consume (I found it easiest to hold down the button and press back and forth rather than shaking the controller), which takes out both big obstacles and big bad guys. Kill the next two super goobers, but drop down for some more loot before moving up after the arrow, to the next door.
- Once outside again, you’ll see a shiny knight. Jump over him, consume a goober, and then shoot it at him. He will give you the Ultra Sword, which is badass, but has a time limit. Now every piece of scenery you see that has a star on it can be destroyed and the oncoming waves of bad guys are a snap to take out in very flashy fashion. You will also uncover a glowing blue star.
- Through this star is a black and white section that is all about speed. You will need all the skills you learned so far to stay ahead of the chasing wall. TIP: You can shoot at the wall with stars that you consume and it will briefly halt it as it chases you. This can save your bacon. Enter the door, and you can choose your weapon. I found the sword very helpful against the bat-like first boss, the Sphere Doomer, who then gives you the second two Energy Spheres you need! Jump into the big star to keep going. The attacks here will largely be the same for all the Doomers to follow, choose a strong weapon, and don’t let up. Block when necessary, but otherwise press your advantage and they fall quickly.
- Jump up and over where the star was, avoid or kill the flying bad guys, and then you’ll see the end door. Jump over it and float up for another big red star, which should give you your first star one-up.
- Entering the door will automatically load the Goal Game, so be ready to hit the 2 button to earn some bonuses.