Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- You’ll open with three flower guys. When they hit the ground they will attack, so take them out first. Up the ladder and you’ll hit a stretch with lots of goobers, including some big ones, but it’s very straight forward. At the end is a big star, which will take you on a trip!
- To your left are some stars. To the right is your first encounter with the Cutter power, which is pretty sweet, it’s a sharp throwing weapon with a boomerang effect. Don’t forget, any weapon can be charged up by holding down the attack button!
- As you keep going, there’s a cutter bad guy who will give you the weapon again if you lose it, and hold onto it because there’s a big blue star you can only get with a sharp implement. Sweet. Just a little bit further to the right is the next door.
- In the next section you’ll pick up a cannon, so just move and leap to adjust its firing trajectory. It will pretty much take out everything in its path. Use it to hit a star switch which will allow you to proceed, and near the end clear out some bricks above you. Once the cannon runs out of gas, throw it away and float up to the Energy Sphere that you exposed above you. Watch out for the witch guarding the door to the right, and proceed.
- Next you get the very exciting needle hat. You can use it to attack straight up in a massive attack, which comes in handy as you climb this passage. Look for loot on both sides as you ascend. Up top you’ll meet eye guy for the first time. He’s a goober who takes some extra killing. He also gives you the beam attack if you eat him.
- Up top, head all the way to the left to break through the floor for some extra stars, and then look up to see an Energy Sphere hidden in a tree. Grab it before you go through the door.
- Here you can choose between the fire and beam attacks, and they’re for the next miniboss, who has a big sword. You can also consume and throw his stars back at him. When he’s finished off, inhale him for the sword ability. Use the sword to cut the rope ahead of you to float up for the final Energy Sphere of the level. Head to the end for a fancy door and another bonus shot.