Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Gird yourself for battle. You now face the Metal General. He has a sword and will throw things like missles and baby UFOs at you. Otherwise his strategies aren’t much different from anyone else’s. The ninja or sword powers are recommended. A powered up sword hurts him quite a bit, and he stays on the ground enough to use it a lot. At the halfway point and at close to dead he will jet away on his rocket, but bide your time and he shall return for more beating.
Table of Contents
- This looks more intimidating than it is. Just look out for lava spouts and move slowly to your right, and you should be fine. There are a few weapons to choose from, including a spear in the beginning and needles near the end.
- In the second section you will have to outrun giant lava rocks. Each path leads to a star switch that will drop the rock into a hole before it hits you. In the last part, dash through the grey brick sections, grab the key, leap the goober, and you’ll be home free with a Sphere AND a one-up to grab.
- The next section brings you face to face with another water monster, but he’s easy to take out with the fire ability you should have by now. A cannon in the ceiling will try to make things more difficult, but it’s really not. Take his water ability, and in the next part, grab the key and do a dash across the lava, which will take you to the star door, where you can soothe some lava with your water to open another star door for a Sphere.
- The next section features eels leaping out of the lava to attack you. Near the end of the top trail, you’ll spot a bomb block. Hit it to reveal a door, inside which is a trail where you have to chase another guy for a key. Do NOT hit the third or the sixth switches, and you’ll guide him to the end where you can get the key and then the Sphere.
- Now you can see a snowman who will give you the Snow Bowl, bless him. Plow through the level, keep heading up, and you’ll wind up placing yourself on a volcano and blowing it up, revealing…a black hole star.
- As we learned before, you can use the big consumables to make big stars to hold the purple wall back. This will be vital in this level as it is convoluted and requires you to go up and down a lot instead of maintaining a straight line. Thankfully it is not difficult, just indirect, so expect to lose a life or to figuring out our route. After you pass the falling blocks, you’ll start pulling handles to clear your own way. After that, it’s Doomer time.
- Unfortunately, there are two issues. Likely you’ll either be unarmed or just have the whip (ditch it and go unarmed, in that case) and there is a fire-shooting cannon in the middle of the arena. This is disadvantagous, but otherwise, the Doomer’s approach is thankfully familiar.