Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Shoot yourself down, then again as soon as the walls pull apart. Hit a fighter for his skill, then avoid the giant red-hot stone on the way to the first door. More stones will be in the next section as you move on, so avoid them as you move along. I floated through most of this stage, staying near the top, but not so near as to be hit by stones as they fall into the screen. After you pass through about four walls, you’ll see the next door.
- In the next section, run past the four stones, kill the spear guy, and use his spear to backtrack and drop through the floor via the grey stones. This will let you reach the first Sphere. Watch out for the giant falling lava “trees” and then there’s a lot more stones to dodge before the next door.
- Now you get to face the first miniboss. That’s right, the first. Lucky you. Drop down and move to the right. Drop through the floor and hit the snowman for his frost ability. Not great, but all you get here. A Dubior is coming up, and note the floor will continue to move like this while you fight, which is not helpful. When he’s done, move to the right and look for a Mike below the exit door. That’ll come in handy.
- If you want to save the Mike you’ll have to play defensively for the next section. Basically that means avoiding not only the giant, and I do mean GIANT red-hot stones, but the enemies as well. The last huge rock before the exit hides a secret star door. Inside that door you’ll ride a boot to the right, bouncing off opponents, until you can unlock another boot in a gold brick which will take you to another Sphere.
- Meanwhile, back in the room with the giant stones, hit the door and keep playing defensively. The next area will give you a tuba and start dropping enemies on you. At the last wave, move to the left and you’ll hit the dude with the key, which you can carry on with you. Unfortunately, carrying it with you in the next section is quite the challenge. If you can get the key to the top, you get another Sphere.
- The ascent isn’t hard, but it is guarded by fighters, flying enemies, lava eels, AND some boulders for good measure. At the top on the right is the exit, across from the star key door. Through there you get an ultra sword, and you can start kicking ass. This is extremely satisfying, as you get to kill just about every boss again with one shot. When you drop the Super Boomer, be aware of a trap. There are three goobers and four pillars. When the last two pillars are gone, the ceiling will drop, so stay in the center where there is a space to avoid getting crushed. When you reach the top of the area, strike the volcano with your mighty sword!
- Here’s another black hole level, this one isn’t so bad, but you have to keep in mind that every single block, even if they’re little, is heavy enough to need a super consume. You will also occasionally have the chance to beat the wall back to buy some time. This is also one of those levels where pacing helps stay ahead of the curve and keep you in the right place compared to the flying rocks.
- Now you face two Doomers. Luckily you have the water power which is a great advantage under the circumstances. They share one life meter, and they’re not too hard to put down by this point, not compared to earlier fights.
- After that’s all done, head on out and then to the right to find a star which will carry you away to the exit.