Konnet PowerV Duo Charges Up Wii and USB Controllers at a Reasonable Cost
I’m not sure if we all have the same problems but since I hardly use my Wii to game I always seem to be replacing the batteries between party sessions of Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros. I’ve been looking for a good charging solution since the old Nyko product I used never seemed to work very well and only charged Wii controllers. Searching the net for news as always I ran across this new product from Konnet. A dock that charges two Wiimotes is nothing new but the ability to charge two USB devices also means I can potentially charge my PS3 controllers using this tool.
The unit retails for about $35 USD and includes a USB to DS charging cable. Additional batteries (2 per pack), for folks like me who have 4 Wii controllers in active use in their homes, will be available on Amazon for $20. Those who prefer black or own the new Wii can also buy it in that, much superior color scheme.
I’m still waiting on a nice induction charger system for the 360 and Wii controllers but I might check this one out in the meantime. Full details on the PowerV Duo charging dock after the break.
Konnet Technology: PowerV Duo
Multi-functional and chic charging station wirelessly juices 2 Wiimotes and 2 USB-powered devices at once
* The only comprehensive charging solution for Nintendo lovers charges two Wiimotes and two USB-powered products, such as Nintendo’s DS Lite/DSi/DSi LL or Apple’s iPhone/iPod/iPad
* Uses wireless induction technology to effortlessly charge Wiimotes while wearing a silicone jacket
* Reflects charging status through a red or blue LED light
* Smart charging makes it impossible to waste excess energy on overcharging
* Includes an AC/DC Adaptor cord and 2 rechargeable Ni-MH 800mAh battery packs
Available: Konnetonline.com/store and Amazon.com