Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – How to Avoid a Game-Breaking Glitch
Beware, if you’re playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, you will not want to set off this game-breaking glitch. Scroll down to see where this glitch is and how to avoid it. This one comes directly from Nintendo, and there’s no word on a patch yet, so read on to avoid this deadly game-ender.
While working your way through Skyward Sword, you might need some extra puzzle help. If so, drop by our huge text and video walkthrough. For extra information like hints, locations, and secrets, stop by our Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword cheats page.
How to Avoid a Game-Breaking Glitch
- The glitch will trigger if certain tasks are completed in a specific order during the “Song of the Hero” quest. If you save your game, without a previous save to load, after the bug is active you’ll need to restart the entire game.
- The glitch activates when Link goes to the Lanayru Desert to find the Thunder Dragon, talks to Golo the Goron inside the Lanayru Mine, completes the Thunder Dragon’s challenge and then talks to Golo the Goron a second time before leaving to complete the rest of the quest in the forest and volcano.
- To avoid this glitch, simply complete the Fire and Water Dragon song sections before the Thunder Dragon section of this quest.
- Alternatively, if you do complete the Thunder Dragon section first, do not talk to Golo the Goran a second time as you leave the area.
- To be extra careful, make a save before going out to find the three Dragon songs — just to be totally safe.
Did this glitch happen to you? Did this solution work out? Leave us a comment to let us know.