Lego Batman 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Harboring A Criminal
- Starting a new story level, you’ll learn some new facts about the world of Lego Batman 2. First, that flashing Lego objects can be destroyed with a Batarang. There are two flashing red Lego objects in the background.
- Next, you can destroy Silver Lego objects only with explosives. You don’t have access to those yet, but you will eventually, don’t worry!
- For now, your goal is to fix Robin’s helicopter. Beat up the goons around the helicopter and construct the bouncing bricks.
- Before continuing, you can rescue a citizen near the harbor to your left.
- Next, destroy the flashing Lego objects in the background. There are two, flashing red and glowing in the background. Destroying both will open up the news trailer with a glowing Lego object inside. Smash it to find more bouncing bricks.
- Build the bouncing bricks in the trailer to form a Power Suit for Batman. The Power Suit can launch missiles just like how Batman throws Batarangs. Target the silver Lego spotlight on the right side of the theater entrance to find bouncing blocks than build to form a new suit for Robin.
- Equip the new suit by jumping into the Robin symbol. This gives Robin the Magnet Suit. This suit can interact with glowing blue Lego objects with the [B / Circle] button. You can find your first blue Lego objects right nearby the suit. Pull both sides of the object down, revealing a straight path up the wall of glowing Blue lego bricks.
- The Magnet Suit can’t just pull on magnetic bricks, it can also walk on them. Jump onto the path with Robin and walk all the way up. You’ll reach a landing above the theater entrance.
- On the landing, run to the center and grapple up to a spot on the giant Man of the Year sign. Grappling on will raise the sign up enough for you to reach some handholds on the left and right sides of the theater.
- Jump to the handholds on your left, and climb up to interact with more blue Lego objects. Pulling the objects closer will form a half-circle walkway around and over the sign leading Robin to the right side of the roof.
- On the right side, beat up the Joker goons and tug on the magnet to free more parts of Robin’s Helicopter. Before jumping down, you’ll notice a glowing Orange Lego brick. Only powerful characters can interact with these – like Power Suit Batman.
- Jump down to the helicopter and construct the new bouncing blocks. Then, switch to Batman and take the newly formed elevator left of the helicopter back up to the roofs.
- Back on the roof, while equipped with Batman’s Power Suit, interact with the orange brick and tap the [B / Circle] button until Batman rips the gate down. Now that the gate is gone, switch to Robin and use the Magnet Suit to pull the ladder down.
- Climb the ladder with Batman, and destroy the silver Lego object against the back wall, then use Robin’s Magnet Suit to pull the magnetic blue brick out. Step out onto the narrow walkway, and pull another magnetic brick down to reveal a grappling point.
- Grapple up, and jump. To the left, you’ll find another silver searchlight requiring Batman’s bombs. Bomb it and build the bricks into a zip-line. Use the line to reach a circular ledge, and grapple up to the level above you.
- Fight through the Joker goons as you move right toward a magnetic blue brick. Pull it down with Robin’s magnet suit, then grapple up to the grapple spot with Batman. You’re almost there!
- At the very top, use Batman’s Power Suit to pull on the glowing orange handle. That will be the last part you need to fix Robin’s Helicopter! Get down there and construct the last bouncing bricks!
- You can jump right back down, falling won’t hurt Batman or Robin. With Robin’s Helicopter fixed, jump in and the chase will continue.
- After a cutscene, you’ll be chasing the Joker through the harbor on the Bat Jet. The attack button fires its cannons – move your reticule over the Joker’s boat and keep firing until the little orange bar runs dry!
- After you damage the Joker’s boat once, he’ll zip away and more enemy boats will appear. These new boats come armed with Rocket Launchers! Target the thugs in their boats, and shoot down the purple-streaming rockets before they hit your jet.
- When the enemy boats are destroyed, you’ll catch up with the Joker and can continue trying to destroy his boat. Bring the orange bar down to zero again.
- After the Joker runs, enemy helicopters will arrive. They’ll try to damage you the same way, with purple rockets. Shoot all three down, then shoot the Joker until his boat is damaged.
- The Joker will shoot his own rockets this time, so be careful and switch between shooting the Joker and his rockets to avoid taking too much damage.
- The last round makes you fight three enemy boats, then three helicopters, so lookout. Destroy all six, shoot down the Joker’s boat, and you’ll move onto the next area.
- Joker’s boat crashes, but he’s still armed to the teeth. Time to fight the Joker a second time. You can’t get close with all those rockets, you’ll need to find another way to hurt him.
- To the left of your crashed jet is a Lego bulldozer. Shoot the silver Lego object with a rocket using Batman’s Power Suit to find bouncing bricks. Construct them to create a Circus cannon.
- The Circus cannon needs to be properly aligned before you can use it. On the left side is a green paddle. Push it forward to set up the cannon, then use Batman’s Power Suit to interact with the glowing orange handle that appears.
- Interacting will fire the cannon and damage the Joker, making the villainous clown change his plan. Instead of rockets, he pulls out electrified pies and throws them like grenades, destroying your cannon!
- So much for the cannon, you’ll need to find yet another way to get to the Joker. The pies are far more dangerous, where they land spreads a wide electricity effect that harms anyone inside. Stay far away from where a pie is about to land.
- Now, run to the right of the Joker towards the building’s entrance where you can find a pile of bouncing bricks. If you stand far enough right of the Joker, he’ll stop throwing explosive pies, giving you time to construct the bricks.
- Once the bricks are built, the clown face will show off a row of silver Lego brick teeth. Use Batman to shoot a rocket and destroy those silver Lego bricks.
- Busting out the teeth will reveal bouncing magnetic blue bricks. Construct them to fix the magnetic pathway leading up left of the clown face. Switch to Robin to walk up the wall of blue Lego bricks.
- On the roof, look for a breakable brick just behind the turning sign and below the ugly clown inflatable. Breaking it will reveal blue magnetic bricks. Interact to pull both Lego pins out and hurt the Joker again.
- Next, the Joker will summon a deadly hovercraft covered in thugs and guns. It’ll launch a barrage of missiles, and the turret on top will shoot at you periodically. Immediately switch to Batman and blast the silver Lego gun turret on the Hovercraft to destroy it, revealing blue magnetic bricks underneath.
- Use Robin to pull open both sides of the blue bricks, until the silver Lego engine is revealed, allowing Power Suit Batman to destroy the engine with a missile. Fight off the incoming thugs, use the bouncing bricks left over from the destroyed Hovercraft to build a giant mallet, then use Batman to pull on the orange handle.
- The Joker is now defeated and the level is complete, see you in the next one.
- Back in Gotham, you only need to return to the Batcave after a long night’s work of capturing villains. Nearby is a Vehicle Pad, use it and select the Batmobile for a sweet ride back to the Batcave through Gotham.
- But, Alfred wants you to check the weapons systems of the Batmobile first. Holding the jump button will move you forward, and the standard attack button shoots. [B/ Circle] will launch a missile that can destroy silver Lego objects, just remember to tap it. Holding it down will put the Batmobile in reverse.
- Alfred wants you to destroy all five silver statues before continuing. Use the Batmobile’s missiles, and get in some driving practice. With all five down, the gate to Gotham’s hills will open.
- Follow the clear studs, they’ll show you the way back to your hideout. Take the road through the forest and up the hill, turning to find a large Batsymbol on the ground. Stop your car and jump out to use the nearby terminal, it’ll automatically take you to the cave.
- Next, follow the pointer left inside the cave and get into the elevator. After a quick change, and a cutscene, Batman will return to the Batcave in his regular clothes as Bruce Wayne. Return to the central platform to use the Batcomputer and checkout what’s going on at the Justice League.
- It just so happens there’s a problem. Use the Batcomputer again to scan the city for emergencies. To find the problem, move the cursor left and down slightly, scanning all the way. Scan the red exclamation point, then select the yellow Bat-symbol beacon.
- Back outside, you’ll be driving the Batmobile. Just follow the clear studs all the way to Arkham Asylum. Stop at the bridge, and find the large pointer showing you another terminal to use. Interact with the terminal to raise the bridge into Arkham.
- With the bridge raising, jump back into your car and cross. Drive past the Bat-symbol to enter the chaotic asylum.
Gotham City – To the Batcave
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page.