Lord of the Rings Online Announces Hobbit-themed Content
When Turbine released their Riders of Rohan expansion last month for their free-to-play MMO Lord of the Rings Online, it came with a lot of great content…but no new dungeons or raids. The devs promised that the new instance cluster would arrive before the end of the year. Well, they were partially right.
It has now been revealed that three of the seven new instances will arrive next month in Update 9 “Against the Shadow”:
- Iorbar’s Peak (Misty Mountains / Stone Giants-3-man)
- Webs of the Scuttledells (Mirkwood 3-man)
- Seat of the Great Goblin (Goblintown 3-man)
The keen-eyed among you will recognize this content as more closely related to The Hobbit, than the Rohan sections of the The Lord of the Rings novels. These three instances will be released just in time for the December 14 premiere of The Hobbit movie. As if that wasn’t enough, the following four instances scheduled for release in 2013 will really take you back to the days of Bilbo and his great adventures:
- The Bells of Dale (6-man)
- Flight to the Lonely Mountain (12-man; single boss)
- The Fires of Smaug (12-man; single boss)
- The Battle for Erebor (12-man; single boss)
Given that Turbine still has a great deal of Rohan to implement, they will likely focus on instances specifically for that region later next year.