Lord of the Rings Online: Book 10 the City of the Kings Releases August 20th
Turbine and Codemasters have announced the release date for the latest update for Lord of the Rings Online; Book 10 The City of the Kings. The highly anticipated update will be available August 20. Book 10: The City of the Kings continues the epic story line, adding over 100 new quests. Players can also look forward to several enhancements to monster play which will now be easier to join than ever before. Book 10 also introduces two completely new systems; Reputation and Bartering.
“Our first update significantly expanded the world of Middle-earth with new story arcs, quests, and exciting new kinds of gameplay,” said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. “For Book 10 we continue the epic story and introduce a ton of new content, but we also are introducing legendary play, a completely new way to experience monster play that enables you to play as a powerful Ranger of the North or a terrible Troll.”
Book 10: The City of the Kings is the second of many free updates planned for LOTRO. Book 11 is due out in the fall and will offer players the option to own their own homes in Middle-earth.
For those of you who missed our complete rundown of all the new features in Book 10, there is a list of highlights included after the break.
- The Epic Continues! - Amarthiel, introduced in Book 9: Shores of Evendim, has reclaimed the palantir of Carn DÃ»m and is now seeking to make AnnÃºminas her new seat of power as she searches for her lost ring of power: Narchuil. The DÃºnedain stands against her as the Rangers mount a last, desperate attempt to wrest the palantir from Amarthiel. Before she can find Narchuil, a most dangerous opportunity presents itself that may give the DÃºnedain the advantage they need to blind the eye of Angmar.
- Legendary Play – Once in the Ettenmoors, players can experience monster play in a completely new way by spending their Destiny Points to play as a powerful Ranger of the North or a terrible Troll to offer a strategic advantage to their allies in the battle for control of the Ettenmoors.
- Critter Play – Friendly barnyard animals love squawking around the landscape, exploring chicken coops, hunting for worms and more! Players can now explore Middle-earth from a different – and sometimes unexpected – viewpoint as a chicken, the first of many new playable critters that will be added to the game in the future.
- New Reputation and Bartering Systems – Book 10 introduces the Reputation and Bartering systems. The Reputation system enables players to earn positive and negative standing with different races and groups in Middle-earth based on both monster kills and quest completions. The Bartering system allows players to trade trophies earned in battle for rewards such as armor sets or mounts.
- Over 100 New Quests – The story continues for players as they aid the Fellowship and encounter new adventures, new dungeons and over a dozen new monsters.
- Enhanced User Interface – The game’s UI is now customizable. In addition to being able to skin your UI with a unique look, Book 10 will enable players to access sliders in their â€˜Options’ panel to scale the size of individual elements of the UI to their liking.
via Press Release