Lord of the Rings Online Expanding Next Week
Next week, Turbine and Codemasters will release the third free content update for The Lord of the Rings Online, known as Book 11: Defenders of Eriador. It’ll add a ton of stuff, including some long-awaited features like player housing. More than 100 new quests, a new 12-player raid and two new areas will compliment the new housing feature.
- The Epic Continues! – Amarthiel has lost the Palantir, but not before using it to discover a clue to the location of Narchuil, the ancient Ring she lost at the Battle of Fornost. She turns her gaze eastward seeking to recover the Ring while the Dunedain find themselves with only one way to halt her advance. Calenglad believes that Mordrambor, the Black Numenorean held prisoner by the Dunedain, may be the key to ending Amarthiel’s ambitions.
- Player Housing – Players can now live in their own home in Middle-earth! Housing choices from four different neighborhoods – be it a majestic home overlooking a waterfall in Ered Luin, or a cozy hobbit-hole in the Shire. Kinship Halls provide plenty of space for groups to gather after a long day of adventuring. All homes provide the option of additional storage and can be customized inside and out with hundreds of unique items.
- Two New Areas – Players can now explore even more of Middle-earth. Tâl Bruinen is an extension of the Trollshaws where players can see Gollum for the first time in The Lord of the Rings Online. Players can also trek to the High Pass in the Misty Mountains to combat fierce snowstorms and visit Goblin-town, the famous site where Bilbo Baggins was captured in The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Raid-”The Rift” – The Lord of the Rings Online’s second raid will be introduced in Book 11. This 12-player epic takes you through many new dangers in the Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu to face a fearsome Balrog.
- New Musical Instruments – Book 11 brings more enhancements to our popular music system. Players can now entertain others with one of three new instruments including the Bagpipe and Cowbell.
- Over 100 New Quests – The story continues for players as they aid the Fellowship and encounter new adventures.
It’s nice to see LotRO continues to get tons of support from its developer. Housing was something I was really excited for when I used to subscribe, so I might have to pick up a subscription card so I can check it out.