Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Bonuses Announced
If you’ve been around here a while, then you should know that I am obsessed with collector’s editions of games. Toss enough random game-related stuff into a spiffy box, and you’ll likely get my money. Do it for a game I’m excited about, and you’ll get my money even faster. Today’s collector’s edition news falls into the latter category, as Warner Brothers has announced the Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collector’s Edition and pre-order bonuses.
The collector’s edition (pictured above) will run you $129.99, and will contain all of the following:
- Ranger of the North Quiver Case
- War in the North art book featuring concept art of key characters in the game, various enemies and beautiful environments in Middle-earth
- Inside Look: The Music of War in the North—content includes: interviews and footage of legendary composer Inon Zur at Abbey Road Studios and the E3 2011 Concert event, along with three tracks from the game soundtrack
- Digital content:
- Ranger of the North Avatar for Xbox Live (Xbox 360 sku) – includes the Ranger armor set, helmet, quiver and bow
- War in the North Theme Pack (PS3 sku) – includes War in the North wallpaper, fonts, ons and much more!
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North video game
Here are the retailer-specific pre-order bonsues:
Exclusive to Amazon.com, pre-order the game and get early access to part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. The comic book reveals the back story leading up to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Players will also receive the Orc Champion sword for in-game use.
Embark on an Elven adventure with the Elf Theme Pack, equipped with a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet, and get access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
Visit the Citadel of the Stars and the Tower of Stone with the Human Theme Pack equipped with an exclusive human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger, and get access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
Immerse yourself in the sounds of Middle-earth with three exclusive tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
Toys ‘R’ Us
Receive a limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to download parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
A Dwarven quest lies ahead for everyone who chooses to pre-order at Wal-Mart; the Dwarf Theme Pack includes an exclusive dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
It looks like you’ll have plenty of choices as to what additional content you can snag when you tender your pre-order. If you haven’t decided whether or not you’re interested in the game, you should check out our GDC hands-on with the game, or any of the numerous game trailers we have on the site.
War in the North is now scheduled for a Fall 2011 release on PC, PlayStation 3 and XBox 360.