Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn 10 points for being trusted with the secret of the One Ring upon your arrival.
- Gandalf is right near you. Speak with him. Head down the stairs to the right to talk to the smith, Angmir. Get your stuff repaired and if you talk to him about Narsil you will get a side quest to retrieve gems for imbuing weapons. If you gathered all three components of the Weapons of Westernesse side quest, you can cash them in here for your choice in reward. On a dais just past the blacksmith is Legolas and if you continue about the grounds, past the bridge but not over it, you’ll meet Bilbo as well.
- Bilbo will ask for your help with his poetry if you’re game. He’ll also give you an errand to take something to Arwen. She is over on the bridge you just passed. She will give you a side quest of stuff to watch out for in the Ettenmoors. Just beyond Bilbo is Gloin, and straight to the right of Gloin is Frodo himself. Straight to the left of Gloin, dressed in red, is the elf who will help you resupply.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Speaking to Frodo unlocks a 10 point achievement called Friend to the Ring-bearer.
- Head around the edge of the balcony from Frodo and look for Gimli. Just past him are Elrond’s sons, your elven friends from earlier. Proceed back to where you came from, and you’ll see Elrond inside, and upstairs behind him is Aragorn. Finally, speak with Elrond, which will add to some of the side quests you probably picked up, as well as finish your business in Rivendell so you can head out.