Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Move forward to activate the first wave of orcs, there will be a few archers overhead and a few guys who run up to you, but other than having a LOT more hit points than what you’re used to, they go down just as easy, because by now you’re a badass. Head through the passage between the crags, and you’ll hit another wave of guys, but still not too many. Hang a right and go OVER the passage you just went through for a chest and a swarm of small goblins. As you head on, there will be a cave ahead of you to loot before you press on.
- You will drop down a small ledge and now you should prepare for a HELL of a fight. Not that it’s so hard, but it’s damn long. First you’ll face a pod of goblins, and a few orcs led by a beserker, who is a badass and who can grant bonuses to his teammates. He takes almost as much killing as a troll. Two more waves of orcs come after that, then another with a magic caster in it. Finally a last wave of mixed bad guys shows up with, that’s right, a freaking troll. Hope you’ve got some potions, because you’re in it for the long hall. At the end of the fight, gratefully, an old friend returns.
- Follow the trail to face down a small group of four orcs, followed by another handful, and then another wave. There’s never too many at once, but they are getting tougher and/or more armored. Follow the path of the river for a treasure chest with a secret scroll in it, and up the hill ahead of you, between the trees, is a troll and his loot-filled cave. Cross the stone bridge and go through this series of caves. At the end, opposite the chest, is a star secret. There are a few bad guys in the cave, but nothing much to sweat, however, there is a posse just outside the cave, and you can see the bridge you just crossed in the distance. Not a shortcut, just an alternate route.
- Head up to the top of the ridge, and underneath a tree you should see a log, which has honey which you need to fulfill Arwen’s side quest. Another handful of orcs are ready to charge you, so feel free to hit them from a distance while you still can. When you reach the top of the pass, look for a path beneath the waterfall for a star secret and a chest. Head out and back down the LEFT side of the pass for some loot before heading over the crest.
- Now you’re in for another doozie of a fight. There’s a few orcs, led by one of those beserkers, and a few crossbow men, so it’s a nice assortment. Once they’re done, there’s another group of orcs, then another with a magic caster, then a swarm of a TON of goblins, and then, to round things out, a troll. There’s also a lot of loot in the corners, including a chest, and you should have a few eagle attacks saved up by now as well. When you’re done, hit proceed.