Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Your attention will be drawn to an opponent on the ridge above you almost immediately. Strike it down. Then two more orcs will charge in. As you move on, a few more will assault you, and then there’s a cave to the right for looting. As you move on, you’ll get a wave of orcs with a mage, then a wave of goblins, then a sole berserker. There’s also a chest under the tower on your right when you’re done killing.
- Once you cross the stone bridge, there are a few more orcs, and you can follow a path to your right into a cave for a star secret and a chest. Head up the hill for one more big encounter with some orcs and a swarm of goblins, and then you will be able to proceed.
- Once through the door you’ll get a chance to return to Rivendell. Ideally you have all the supplies to return to Arwen as you get your equipment repaired for a final push and inevitable confrontation with the stone giant.
- Enter what is apparently a troll’s cave and look for some loot to the right. Now there is simply a slow slog through the caves. You’ll hit a few orcs, then a few more, with some crossbowmen in tow, then a group with a caster, and then an open area with a group of orcs backed up by a troll. Lead them into the tunnels to winnow their numbers without direct confrontation.
- You’ll pass through a proceed point, then note some light up ahead, which brings you into daylight and a substantial confrontation. Look for the archers and the spell caster before tending to the armored orcs. As you head up the snowy slope, you’ll face a posse of orcs led by a berserker, and then another backed up by a caster. When they’re taken care of, look for the chest to the right of the door before proceeding.
- It’s quiet. Too quiet. If you’re sadistic, hang a left when you reach the crossroads to fight two trolls for lots of loot and a star secret. Head right for the next proceed point.