Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Move forward to unleash a cutscene and face your first oppponents from the race of men. Take out the caster first and then face the soldiers. They cut fast and hard, so ready your block and be prepared to counter more than you have had to before. Head onward and you’ll meet a much bigger party of men, with a number of casters. Put them down first, as they function like archers, but don’t buff the soldiers. Hang a right and enter a cave for a chest before proceeding.
- The next battle is quite challenging. There are human and orc berserkers, casters, and archers. Just think defensively, use your power attacks, and a call on the eagles won’t hurt. After the proceed point you’ll meet a smaller group, with one berserker, a couple of archers, and a caster on a mounted position. Much easier. Around the corner, however it is much harder. There are a LOT of berserkers. The mixed levels make it easy enough to face them in shifts, but there are more than you can juggle comfortably, and there are archers to boot. The archers are too far into enemy territory to take out in person, so take them out with ranged attacks or put up with them until you thin the numbers a bit. Then it’s time to proceed into the mountain.
- The next section comes in two stages. You’ll see an archer, then a wave or berserkers will attack. Another archer will back them up, and a man or two will come in to add to the issue. When you’re done, hang a left before the proceed point for a chest.
- Another tough section follows. There’s an archer above, a handful of berserkers, and some men with hammers, who you will need to defend against, there’s no other way to break their attacks. Just around the corner you’ll meet an archer who leads another wave, just more of the same.
- After that you’ll break out into the open, so feel free to use an eagle attack against the next wave of attackers, which includes an archer or two, a caster, and a fistful of orcs. Gather loot and proceed. Through this point you’ll encounter two archers up to your right and one on the left, and a berserker. This shouldn’t be too tough at this point. On the ridge above are two more berserkers and an archer, and when you reach that point, another archer will be across the way. Easy stuff by now. Head on to meet an archer on your path and to match two across the chasm.
- Head across to where the other archers were by following a path around to the left to find a star secret, some loot, and a transpo point, which by now you’ll probably welcome. Then head along the main path to another proceed point, where you will earn another cutscene and a minor boss battle.
- This fight is the same as the last captain, he’s squirrely and his distance attacks have a bit more juice, but the main challenge here is that there are a bunch of incidental orcs in the way. If you’re in co-op simply have one member of the team focus on the captain. Otherwise, have your associates work on defense while you slap him down. Unfortunately, killing him doesn’t dispose of his sidekicks, so there will still be some clearing out to do. If you’ve been following the cult side quest, this should give you the last scroll to return to Elrond. Gather loot and hit the proceed point to end the section.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Return the six scrolls to Elrond for the Lidless Eye achievement for 25 points