Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- You’ll start out on a very familiar platform, and you’ll be attacked by some berserkers. They are just the beginning of your woes though. Once they are done, you’ll have to move from crossbow to crossbow to take out the attackers from the seige towers. They willl swarm though, so the odds are you’ll have to face a number of them in person instead of from a distance. Once you’re through with them, fall back to the main door and defend it against sappers. They will come from the right, then the left, then in a mix. If you’re snappy with the bow, they won’t be too tough.
- Now two mega trolls will attack the inner gate. And this will likely take you a couple of tries. Head them off and keep their attention, as they will briefly be distracted by you, but quickly return to attacking the gate. The trick here is to get UP the stairs ahead of the monster trolls, since they are very challenging. When you get ahead of them, you’ll face one at a time instead of both of them. When firing on them at the outset, the rear one is usually the first one to make it up the stairs, so rain down damage on him first if you can.
- Now comes the badass orc captain. He has a incredibly damaging overhead strike, so watch for him to leap up. He brings a couple of men with him who will complicate matters, so keep your team handy. They will drop like flies if they are AI controlled, so try to keep them on their feet. He isn’t so tough himself, just the circumstances make things difficult. After he drops, get rid of the few stragglers, and you win the battle.
- ACHIEVEMENT: For surviving and helping Nordinbad, you earn Siege-Breaker, worth 35 whole points!
- You’ll be instructed to speak with the dwarf lord, and on your way back up to the door, if you haven’t already, there are two chests on either side for you to loot, along with a number of barrels.
- Following the conversation with the dwarf lord, stock up, repair, and speak with Beleram, who’s in a chamber to your right as you’re on your way out. Now head toward the exit to move on.