Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The party agrees to help Aragorn by stirring up trouble. Move up the stairs to encounter some villains, and learn the basics of combat. Remember when you see the yellow arrow icon, you can perform a critical strike on demand. Up more stairs, two more goblins, two barrels to loot, and move on.
- Now the real fighting begins. You will be attacked by archers from ahead, then a flanking maneuver to your straight left, and then reinforcements to your diagonal left, and then a couple guys from your right. About ten, all told. Once you’re finished, be sure to loot, there are two chests in the are, one in the tower at the right end of the walkway ahead of you at the beginning, and one directly to your left from when you started. By now you will have leveled up, so now you’re really beginning to make your character your own. When you choose a skill, be sure to look at the skills to follow, to choose a first step in a skill tree you really want to build. Then hit the right stick to get oriented, and move on.
- You’ll go in a door to the fortress, and then immediately enter a lower level. As you move on, you’ll face one monster, then move down to the next level to proceed. And once you’re in, you’re IN for it. The goblins here come and just keep coming. It’s a perfect time to master your critical hit skills, and you’ll likely level up again. After enough kills, a gate on the upper level will open, and you can move to another proceed point. Don’t forget to loot around though, even if the goblins are nipping at your heels.
- In the next area, your mission is clear. You must break the chains on the captured animal, and there are plenty of goblins to fight along the way. Look for a chest down an alley, otherwise, things are straightforward. Once the battle is done, your new friend will talk to you.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Friend to the Eagles is yours for 20 points for freeing Beleram.
- When you’re done, move on to the right, but you can ascend to the room on your left up an earth ramp where there is loot. Once you move on, you will reach a transport point that will let you buy and sell OR return to Bree (to repair, mostly), before you hit the proceed point, which will lead you to a summary screen before you move on.
- Now you’re on the walls. There are two “machines” to shove off the wall, and several goblins to take out, including some mage-types. You’ll be hit with arrows, and when you see the archers, note a big red ball beside them. What on earth could that do?
- Once you’re done killing and dropping machines, loot the chest by the second machine and hit the proceed point. In the next section you’ll be attacked from a distance, and they’ll close hard and fast. You’ll also learn to deploy your new friend. Once the area is cleared, head for the proceed point again, and receive another summary. After that you’ll recap your missions and have a transpo point to Bree if you want it.