Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The first big challenge is a big crossbow ahead of you. Either use a powerful ranged attack or call in the eagle, and then prepare for a big swarm of goblins. When that is cleared, you’ll hear that the gate is opening. If you’re very fast, you can get a shot off at the orc caster before the shield comes up. There is a tub of blasting powder to the left that you can hit if you’re prepared.
- Inside, there’s a chest to the left before you follow the path to the right. On the bridge there will be a couple of archers above you. Once in the next room, you will face two swarms of goblins, the first led by another orc caster, and at some point you will hear a companion say “fire” and look to the bridge behind you for a few sappers. When the gate finally opens, a couple of big orcs will come through, and then you can move on. At the top of the stairs look for loot, then hit the proceed point on the left.
- You’ll reach an unpassable door and your buddies will try to clear it for you which means, you guessed it, babysitting mission! The bad guys will come down the center first, and then trade off coming from the right and left. If you have good ranged attacks, stand near the elves and whittle the bad guys down before they get to you. The waves get progressively harder in that they’re filled with heavier and heavier bad guys, and finally a troll will come at you from the left. Give him the eagle and he’ll be halfway dead before you even have to start on him. That ends the babysitting.
- Through the gate there is a transpo point if you want to get back to Bree and stock/repair up, and then you’ll follow the elves up the stairs to another proceed point and a cutscene. After that your elf friends will proceed without you and you’ll be left to fight a boss orc, Tharzog, on your own. He’s got a LOT of hit points, but he telegraphs his hits largely, so the dodge is very helpful, as are ranged attacks instead of trying to go toe to toe with him. There will be a posse of elves and orcs about at the same time, so you may find it much easier to clear them out and focus on the boss singularly.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You get 20 points for dropping the lieutenant with Tharzog’s Bane.
- After that, another cutscene with your elf buddies. Now you can have a conversation with the eagle and the elves and figure out where to go next.