Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Follow the path to a large clearing. Hang a hard right into a small niche for some loot and a secret. Look for plants you can gather as you proceed. Head down the hill to the main barrow, loot around, and then enter. By the way, if you don’t mind casual desecration, all those standing stone thingees can be hacked down for cash and prizes.
- Here you’ll face the barrow wights, the undead from the tombs. The frist wave is pretty easy, but be warned that even when their heads fall off they may not be dead! Proceed through the barrow to an open space where, whoops, undead freaking trolls. Two of them, even! This isn’t that hard, just stay away and keep hammering away at them, but it does take a while and they are very aggro. Look to the right of the exit to see an alcove with treasure and a secret in it. After that, hit the proceed point to move on.
- You’ll follow a path and meet three wights, have a conversation, and then reach another open area where you will be swarmed, and I do mean swarmed. The packs of wights will surround you and do damage far more effectively than the goblins did, so think defensively.
- As you move into the open area, a tomb will errupt and the spirits will raise more dead, heavier dead than before, with armor and swords. They’re not that different from other fights, but there are a couple of archers above things who are a pain in the ass, so be sure to drop them first. Once that’d done, a passage will open and you can proceed.
- Now you will face the barrow boss. He sends a handful of spirits out to attack you as zombies, and then he surrounds himself with flying rocks and throws them at you. Try to keep the zombies between you and him to keep from being hit to often, and remember to dodge. He will move twice, once onto another elevated position, and then once onto your level. If your compatriots do a good job of taking out the zombies, you can just focus on hitting him, his life goes down fast, there’s just a lot to focus on instead of him if you’re playing solo.
- This next tomb is a pain because by now you’ve likely gone through a lot of your resources. Take out all the barrels and then when you go to loot the tomb across from you with the chest, the enemies will erupt. Hang out in this alcove and use ranged attacks as much as you can before engaging, or else you can get swarmed and taken out quite quickly. If you pick off a lot of the force from the beginning, the fight is a lot easier. As you fight, don’t enter the next tunnel, or you’ll add a couple more bad guys to the fight.
- In the next section, more dead will rise, so it’s easiest to call your team to you and retreat back to where you came from, using the tunnel as a bottleneck to keep the enemies from swarming. Killing the last of these will fulfill your mission to clear the tombs.
- In the next section, you’ll see zombie archers before anything else. Keep your team close and take them out before you move in any further, as entering the open area will bring a LOT more zombies. This will allow you to take them in groups instead of a mob. Once you’re done felling the dead knights, head up the slope to your right for some loot before heading to the proceed point on the left. Finally, on the other side of that, you’ll get a chance to return to base. This will allow you to heal the ranger with the herbs you’ve found, and choose a fat reward.
- After that, enter another large field where you will face a second boss barrow wight. Use the same strategy, watch out for archers, and he’ll go quickly. He should drop a nice loot item as well.
- ACHIEVEMENT: After the fight you get the Tracker achievement for 10 points for finding out what happened to the other rangers who were here.
- Follow the tracks into the next barrow through a proceed point.