Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- There’s a silver star secret off to the left in the first chamber you enter, just opposite a chest. Loot around before you continue straight ahead and down.
- In the next section, you’ll hit the usual mass of undead fighters. To the right is a path with some awesome loot, to the left is the path to continue. Up there you’ll find a chest with a key, which will allow you to proceed from the central tomb. You’ll reach a passage where there is water on both sides, and expect another big wave of the dead. Head down a ramp at the end, find a chest, and then keep going. Around the next corner is a third barrow wight boss, but by now he shouldn’t be too much of a challenge. In the next room you’ll have a chance to return to base before moving on.
- Proceed through the point to find a story point in an open room. Now you have a new confederate, which is nifty. Keep going for one more press through a swarm of undead, and you’re at another proceed point. These guys come in two shifts, though, so if you move up the ramp, or if your associates do, you’ll bring more down on you before you’re ready. However there are archers up there being difficult, so the temptation will be to get them out of the way first. Just do so with ranged attacks to keep the path clear until you’re ready for round two.
- Now it’s boss battle time, probably the first true one of the game. Tell me you didn’t see it coming that you’d face off against the buddy you were looking for. Meet the bigass barrow lord. He attacks in three waves. He sends a group of undead after you, then he sends his minion after you, and then he throws waves of energy after you. You’ll endure all this, you guessed it, three times in total. Hide behind the pillars to avoid the energy waves, and use your best attacks on the minion when he crosses over to combat you. All told, some of the dungeons you’ve crawled to get here are more challenging.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn Begone, lord of carrion worth 20 points for defeating this boss.
- Watch the final wight disappear in a nifty light show, then talk to Luin. After that, gather the loot the undead boss dropped and head out the entrance before you to move on to Rivendell.