Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition Goes Gold
Capcom announced today that Lost Planet: Extreme Condition COLONIES EDITION has gone gold and will be available for the PC and Xbox 360 on May 27th.Lost Planet COLONIES EDITION provides the single player experience found in the original Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, with the addition of three new modes.
- “Score Attack”, all enemies have points assigned to them and the score awarded will change depending on how they are defeated, with skilled marksmen being rewarded.
- “Trial Battle Mode” pits players against all of the game’s bosses, one after another.
- Players of both “Score Attack” and “Trial Battle” modes will be able to compare their skills and compete via the online ranking system.
- “Off Limit Mode” will allow players to take on Lost Planet’s harsh environments and enemies with super-charged weapons and a powered-up grappling hook.
- Multiplayer gamers will have 4 new maps, 5 new playable characters, 10 new weapons and 7 new multiplayer modes. Players become poachers as they attempt to steal opponents’ alien Akrid eggs in a number of individual and team play modes, while the addition of “VS Annihilator” mode assigns one robotic Vital Suit to each team, which must be defended at all cost.
- The game also includes the ability to play as a gigantic marauding Akrid where gamers can turn the tables on the Snow Pirates as they assume the role of one of E.D.N. III’s indigenous creatures in “Akrid Hunting” mode.
All of these modes can be played across a total of 20 maps, including a number of brand-new multiplayer arenas set in areas such as the confines of an ancient coliseum or the broad expanse of desert. For the first time, Xbox 360 owners will be able to join up with or play against Windows-based PC gamers.