Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Update, Map Pack for PC
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition just keeps on bringing the extras to gamers in a new additional features update and new multiplayer pack for the PC. Not to be left out, there is good news for Xbox360 players as well. Here’s the run down of the update and map pack.Additional Features Patch (automatic download), available July 20 includes these features:
Additional Features Update (automatic download) will be available July 20.
- New playable characters Ã¢$” “Frank West” of Dead Rising fame, “Joe” a character from the Lost Planet storyline and one of Capcom’s most beloved characters, “Mega Man.”
- New view modes including a “Resident Evil 4″ style view and a new “Wide” view option.
- Multiplayer mode has been updated and now includes a list of connected players for easy reference.
- A movie mode has also been added to the game which enables players to watch all the in-game story line cut scenes back to back.
PC Map Pack #1 (400mb) will also be available July 20.
- “Radar Field,” a close quarters facility which is under construction and has a giant radar that provides a peak vantage point;
- “Island 902,” a sprawling Pacific-themed battlefield with several islands connected by bridges as well as vast underwater areas;
- “Hive Complex,” an abandoned mine with twisting tunnels and bridges set on a war-blasted mountain side;
- “Trial Point,” a modern day office complex featuring a photorealistic backdrop of a busy city center.
Xbox fans who have already had access to these four maps as Map Packs #1 and #2 will now be able to download them for free as of July 20. An additional patch is planned for the Xbox 360 by the end of the month to deal with connectivity issues.