LOTRO Announces Cloak Design Contest
The winners of the first Lord of the Rings Online Cloak Design Contest had their creations included in the Shores of Evendim update. Building on the success of this contest, LOTRO is offering players another chance to let their artistic talents shine. Using the cloak template provided, players can express themselves, designing a one of a kind item. Winning entries will be used in the LOTRO game.
Terms and conditions are listed after the break.
- To enter, email your cloak design to email@example.com or mail it to Turbine, Inc., Attn: Cloak Design Contest, P.O. Box 747, Westwood, MA 02090.
- Submissions must be original creations. Any cloak designs that are found to be copies or recreations of existing designs (related to The Lord of the RingsTM or otherwise) will not be considered in the final judging.
- Submissions should include the contestant’s name, email address, and primary forum name (if any) and must conform to the cloak template provided.
- This contest is open to all legal U.S. residents age 18 or older.
- This contest begins on August 7, 2007. Submissions will be accepted until midnight Eastern Time on September 4, 2007.
- Turbine reserves the right to tweak the winning submissions as necessary.
- The names of the winning contestants and the winning submissions will be posted on lotro.turbine.com by November 23, 2007.
- All winners will be required to execute an Assignment and Release to be provided by Turbine.
Participation in the contest constitutes contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these terms and conditions. By participating in the contest, contestant grants to Turbine a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works of and otherwise use and publicly display your submission in any and all media for the purpose of incorporating the submission into future Turbine products, advertising and promoting Turbine products, and for such other purposes as Turbine may determine in its sole and absolute discretion. Turbine will have the right to assign, transfer or sublicense this license. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation for your submission. Turbine and its licensors disclaim any and all liability for any infringement of any contestant’s rights in any submission caused by any third party, and neither Turbine nor its licensors shall be liable for any damages of any kind or nature whatsoever arising in connection with the contest. All submissions must be original, and must have been created and owned exclusively by the contestant submitting the creation. No responsibility is assumed by Turbine for lost, late, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or misdirected submissions, or for any computer, online or technical malfunctions that may occur. Submissions that are not in full compliance with the terms and conditions are void. Turbine is not required to use any or all of the winning submissions in The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Shadows of AngmarTM. Employees of Turbine are excluded from participation.
All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.