LotRO Dev Diary: The Great Angmar Revamp
Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is in for an upgrade according to the latest Developer Diary: The Great Angmar Revamp.
The developers are looking back at the lands of Angmar throught the eyes of experience. They’ve come to the conclusion that if they’d known then what they know now they’d have done things differently. So they’ve decided to overhaul Angmar.
Here are the issues that the team will be addessing:
- Quest flow is sometimes inconsistent and doesn’t send players to the correct level bands
- Quest difficulty is mislabeled in many cases, both for Suggested Levels and Suggested Group Size
- The spawns in Angmar feel out of place (boars again? Really?), and Elite mobs should not share spawn-points with Normal-statted mobs
- Spawn density in certain locations is too great, resulting in very frustrating gameplay
- The ratio of Full Fellowship quests to Solo quests is not correct; more Solo quests are required
Check out the Dev Diary to look over the plans for Angmar on The Lord of the Rings Online.