LOTRO Volume II Book 8 Takes Crafting to New Level
Lord of the Rings Online players are getting new crafting enhancements with the Mines of Moria Volume II Book 8: Scourge of Khazâd-dum. New recipes for the Supreme crafters are available in guilds and from the Lothlorien Galadrim. They’re also changing around special ingredients for recipes, and making drops more informative. You’ll be told which craft and what level of expertise your winnings are good for.
Once again, you can bater any old ingredients you have hanging around your bank and inventory for the new ones. Other wins are being able to use rare ingredients in trail food to make dishes more potent. Superior ingredients can now be found in ore, wood, and artifact nodes. There are also several tables detailing adjustments to the minimum levels players can equip items at.
Follow the link for more crafting changes and info on an upcoming live Turbine developer chat session.
- New crafting guild recipes for Cooks, Jewellers, Metalsmiths, Scholars, Tailors, Weaponsmiths, and Woodworkers are available from the craft guild emissary in Lothlorien. Note that you must have the appropriate reputation ranks with both your craft guild and the Galadhrim of Lothlorien to use these recipes.
- New Supreme Cooking, Scholar, Jeweller, Weaponsmith, and Woodworker recipes are available from the Galadhrim in Lothlorien. Note that you must have the appropriate reputation rank with the Galadhrim of Lothlorien to use these recipes.
- New Supreme Scholar recipes are available from the Scholar’s Guild.
- Special optional ingredients used in level 60 Supreme recipes have been added to the appropriate barter NPCs in Lothlorien.
- Improved stat bonuses on most Supreme light, medium, and heavy crafted armour pieces.
- Improved stats bonuses on “Superb Radiant” and “Exquisite Radiant” Master Tailor light armour pieces.
- All crafting ingredients and components now have a maximum stack size of 100.
- Improved names for many crafting ingredients.
- New recipes to produce Tin Ingots & Khazâd-tin Ingots have been added to Prospecting. Existing Bronze Ingot recipe has been updated to require one Tin Ingot and one Copper Ingot. Existing Khazâd-bronze Ingot recipe has been updated to require one Khazâd-tin Ingot and one Khazâd-copper Ingot.
- Removed unused Mithril-infused Khazâd-iron Ingot recipe from Prospecting. Existing Mithril-infused Khazâd-iron Ingots can be traded to Taddyn in the Bree-town Crafting Hall in exchange for Mithril-infused Khazâd-steel Ingots.
- Barter token costs for some Supreme recipes available from the Galadhrim have been reduced.
Read the Developer Diary: LOTRO Book 8 Crafting Enhancements at the LotRO homepage for complete details.
Have more questions or comments on the Book 8 content? Don’t miss the Turbine developer chat with Jalessa, Graalx2, Fantus, and other team members Wednesday at 8:00PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Warcry!