Lots of Info on XCOM: Enemy Unknown
PC Gamer has compiled a handy guide on everything we need to know about XCOM: Enemy Unknown. If you were a fan of the original, you likely have a few questions about this remake, so here’s the skinny:
- The original creators are not involved.
- The game will feature destructible environments, as in the original.
- There is still perma-death for soldiers, and options will allow the game to be as difficult as the original.
- The game’s “strategic layer” is still real-time.
- “Time Units” have been removed from the game.
- You can still manage your soldiers’ equipment.
- You still build your own base.
- The music will be similar in tone to the original’s.
- Mod tools may be released post-launch.
- It has not been simplified for consoles.
- Sid Meier has some involvement in the development.
- No word on multiplayer.
How does that sound to you?