Mass Effect 3: Citadel – Simulated Hero & Combat Simulator Achievements Guide
The Citadel add-on for Mass Effect 3 brings a new Combat Simulator into the game with three achievements (or trophies) attached to completing certain goals, and we’ve found an easy method to unlock all three.
One of the achievements requires Shepard to fight Spectre-level enemies, while another asks players to earn 9,999 points in a round. None of these achievements are push-overs, unless you know the secret. Yes, there’s a somewhat unfair method to make these challenges a cinch. Check it out with our guide below.
If you haven’t saved the station yet or partied with Shepard’s buddies, check out our Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC walkthrough. For more secrets, tips, and extras browse the list of Mass Effect 3: Citadel cheats.
Combat Simulator Achievement Guide
- There is one easy method for completing all three Combat Simulator achievements. One achievement requires 9999 points earned, one requires that you finish a match with the Spectre-level enemies modifier, and the final achievement requires players switch on Mirror Images.
- Simply play through the Combat Simulator successfully to unlock new modifiers and enemy-levels. Once you’ve unlocked multipliers, your score will increase much faster.
- If you’re having trouble earning modifiers, switch the difficulty down to Easy. Learning to switch difficulties will make earning these achievements much easier.
- Due to a (likely) technical issue, Combat Simulator achievements can be earned while playing on Easy even though the achievement states you must play on Normal, Hardcore, or Insanity.
- Before attempting to earn the 9999 score, activate as many multipliers and tough enemies as you can. Super Elites and Reapers with several negative modifiers should be enough.
- To earn these achievements, enter the Combat Simulator on Easy. Defeat every enemy until only one remains. Before defeating the last opponent, switch the difficulty to Normal. Defeat the last opponent, and the achievement will unlock. Goodluck!
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
Investigate a strange occurrence in the Combat Simulator.
Score 9999 points in the combat simulator on Normal, Hardcore, or Insanity.
Defeat a group of Spectre-level opponents on Normal, Hardocre, or Insanity.