Mass Effect 3: Every Romantic Partner Revealed
Find Game Front’s extensive library of Mass Effect 3 cheats and guides on our video game walkthrough apps where you’ll find the latest high-quality gaming videos.
Love is in the air tonight! Or is that the ashes of a burning Earth? Doesn’t matter, while the Reapers might be your major issue, we all know that romance is Shepard’s real goal in the Mass Effect series. Beware, as you can only pick one out of the many lovely ladies and desirable dudes below. Choose carefully and weigh your options. Scroll down to get the full list of optional romances in ME3. Know who to pick, and who to skip.
SPOILER WARNING: Mass Effect 3 Spoilers Ahead!
Available Romance Options
- Ash can only enter into a romance with Male Shepard.
- New Shepards, or players that did not previously attempt a romantic subplot with Ashley can still attempt to romance her in ME3.
- Early in the game, Ashley will be in a hospital in the Citadel. Visit her often between missions if you want to have a romantic relationship with her.
- Kaidan can enter into a romance with Female Shepard. Uncomfirmed: Kaidan may also be able to enter into relationships with Male Shepard, new or old. Try at your own risk!
- New Shepards, or players that did not previously attempt a romantic subplot with Kaidan can still attempt to romance him in ME3.
- Early in the game, Kaidan will be in a hospital in the Citadel. Visit him often between missions if you want to have a romantic relationship.
- Not an option, but oddly enough, she will enter into a relationship with Joker if you discuss the subject with Joker and EDI enough on the Normandy.
- Only a romance option for Female Shepard.
- A new romance cannot start in ME3, only a previous relationship from ME2 can be continued.
- Only a romance option for Male Shepard.
- Like Garrus, a new romance cannot start in ME3 with Tali, you must transfer a previous relationship started in ME2.
[Video from CVG]
- The Asari goes both ways — she’s a romance option for both Male and Female Shepards.
- New players that did not previously try to have a relationship can build intimacy with Liara, or continue their previous romantic escapades from ME1.
[Video from CVG]
- Not a squad member, but he is a romance option! You’ll meet him on the Normandy, as your crew’s shuttle pilot.
- Cortez is a romance option for Male Shepard only.
- You’ll only be able to romantically pursue Cortez between missions. Talk to him on the Cargo Deck of the Normandy.
- Not an option, but he will hook up with EDI with Shepard’s support.
[Video from Youtube User Rockkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyy]
- Not a squad member, but her romantic subplot from ME2 can be continued in ME3.
- Only a romance option with Male Shepard, and only after a file transfer from a character with an established relationship with Miranda from ME2.
- She doesn’t join your squad or follow you on the Normandy.
- Another non-squad option. A new romance can not be started in ME3 with Jacob, you’ll need to transfer a character from ME2 with a previously established intimate relationship.
- Unfortunately, the romance cannot continue with Jacob, but he will discuss their past. Only Female Shepard can enter into a relationship with Jacob in ME2.
[Video from the Game Front Video Team!]
[Video from CVG]
- Yet more non-squad romance options, but Traynor is a full-fledged romantic choice. Traynor replaces Kelly Chambers from ME2.
- Traynor is only a romantic option for Female Shepard.
- She appears near the Galaxy Map, and never leaves her post on the Normandy.
- Even more non-squad romance options! Diana is found during your first return visit to the Citadel. Let her join your crew and you’ll be able to talk to her on the Normandy.
- Diana is a romance option for both Male and Female Shepards.
- To find Jack, you’ll need to talk to Traynor about Grissom Academy and complete the mission.
- Jack can only be romanced by Male Shepards, and must have an established relationship from ME2. She also has to survive the Suicide Mission.
That’s all the romance options we’ve discovered! Are there more? Which romantic partner is your favorite? Which are you going after? Leave us a comment.
Game Front’s Official Mass Effect 3 Video Walkthroughs
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ Mitch – FemShep Paragon)
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ James – MaleShep Renegade)