Mass Effect 3: How To Romance Kaidan
One of the few Biotic Humans in the Mass Effect universe, this tech-psychic has an open mind to go with his broken heart. His days of shy awkwardness in ME1 are gone, he’s grown into a competent and tactical soldier. But, he’ll still need some support from Shepard when he expresses a vulnerable side privately. Don’t let this confused Alliance ally wallow in self-pity, you need to be there for him! Save Kaidan’s self-esteem, and save the galaxy. Learn about how below!
SPOILER WARNING: Mass Effect 3 Spoilers Ahead!
NOTE: All serious relationships are final! You can only have one romantic relationship. Entering one will nullify others.
Rule of Thumb: Always choose Polite or Paragon choices while talking to potential partners. Generally, those are the upper choice, with Impolite or Renegade options below.
How To Romance Kaidan
- Prerequisite: He must survive the events of ME1. Kaidan is a partner option for both Male and Female Shepards — the romance plays out exactly the same way.
- If you were in a previous relationship with Kaidan, you’ll have extra trust already established, but you’ll still need to convince him you’re serious during the first mission on Mars. Choose Paragon responses to reassure him of your loyalties.
- After he’s hurt, you’ll be able to visit Kaidan in the Huerta Memorial Hospital on the Citadel. Visit him during your first arrival, after the mission on Palaven, and before completing Tuchanka.
- Talk to him often and build up intimacy so that he trusts you during the battle in the Citadel. Like Ashley, you can bring Kaidan a gift while he’s in the hospital — a bottle of Peruvian Whiskey from the store console in the lobby.
- If you started a relationship with Kaidan in ME1 but switched to a new partner in ME2, he’ll be offended. Make sure to apologize! Otherwise, you can start a new relationship with Kaidan.
- Build enough trust and Kaidan will offer to meet you in the Presidium Commons after he joins you on the Normandy. If he doesn’t push for a serious relationship, you can.
- Like every serious relationship, it reaches a climax (cough) just before leaving for the final mission. Don’t worry, once Kaidan agrees to a real relationship, he won’t turn you away now.
Game Front’s Official Mass Effect 3 Video Walkthroughs
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ Mitch – FemShep Paragon)
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ James – MaleShep Renegade)