Mass Effect 3: How To Romance Traynor & Cortez
These two new characters in Mass Effect 3 work two important jobs on the Normandy. Whether you romance them or not, you’ll be seeing them throughout the whole game. They’re so cooped up, no wonder they’re so easy to romance. Both Cortez and Traynor are looking for something specific from Shepard — Traynor wants to have fun, Cortez wants emotional support for his lost love. Coincidentally, in game terms, these two are the easiest to romance. If you’re looking to unlock that Paramour achievement or trophy and don’t care -who- you bed, these two are an efficient option for the Commander Shepard on the go. Learn all about how to get them on your good side below.
SPOILER WARNING: Mass Effect 3 Spoilers Ahead!
NOTE: All serious relationships are final! You can only have one romantic relationship. Entering one will nullify others.
Rule of Thumb: Always choose Polite or Paragon choices while talking to potential partners. Generally, those are the upper choice, with Impolite or Renegade options below.
How To Romance Traynor & Cortez
- Prerequisite: Female Shepards only.
- Just like Cortez, Traynor is available at the beginning of ME3 once you have control of the Normandy. She’ll always be onboard in the CIC, right next to the Galaxy Map.
- Talk to her between missions to exchange friendly banter. Be polite, and eventually she’ll mention her interest in Chess. Agree to play Chess with her later.
- Eventually, Traynor will request to see you in your cabin. Invite her up and suggest Traynor use the shower (!) after she brings it up. Then you’ll have the chance to commit to a serious relationship with Traynor.
- Prerequisite: Male Shepards only.
- One of the easier romantic options for Shepard, he’s available at the beginning of the game in the Normandy.
- Talk to him often between missions by visiting his post in the cargo deck. Keep talking between missions, until you find him working on one of the dropships. He’ll discuss stress, suggest that he take some time off at the Citadel.
- Cortez starts in the docking bay, where you can have a discussion with him. After that, he’ll move to the refugee area, where you can continue the intimate conversation.
- If you were nice, Cortez will e-mail you and request to meet at Purgatory, the club on the Citadel. Talk to him there commit to a serious relationship.
Game Front’s Official Mass Effect 3 Video Walkthroughs
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ Mitch – FemShep Paragon)
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ James – MaleShep Renegade)