Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- To begin Mass Effect 3′s Leviathan DLC head to the Citadel. When you dock with it, you’ll get an option to dock directly onto Bryson’s Lab. When Shepard touches down he’ll meet Dr. Bryson and his assistant, Derek Hadley. You’ll find out that Dr. Bryson’s mandate is to investigate legends, myths and rumors about the Reapers, before the population even knew they existed.
- As the conversation between Shepard and Dr. Bryson continues, you can ask questions to get to know more about their investigation through the dialogue wheel.
- After a bit more talk, Dr. Bryson’s assistant will walk into the room, albeit in a less relaxed matter. Something is wrong. He’ll shoot Dr. Bryson. During this sequence you can trigger a paragon response to disarm Hadley. Hadley will then speak as if not himself.
- The next scene begins with Shepard, Hadley, EDI and two guards talking about the situation. Shepard will go through some dialogue with Hadley who seems to have come to. During the conversation, Shepard can initiate a renegade response. Soon enough, Shepard hears word of a creature named “Leviathan” as the camera pans toward a spherically liquid artifact.
- Hadley will soon pass out and EDI finds a recording of Dr. Bryson and Admiral Hackett talking about Leviathan.
- From here Shepard will need to find clues to get more information on Leviathan. When the cut-scene ends EDI suggests to find a research log from a field researcher. The audio log will be directly in front Shepard. Access it and your next lead will be Garneau.
- Shepard will need to find out where Garneau is located based on the clues in Bryson’s Lab. There are technically 3 areas to explore here. The room with the galaxy map, the lab proper and the courtyard outside. To get it out of the way first, head to the courtyard and look for a pile of crates. Grab the “Pistol Cranial Trauma System I” weapon upgrade.
- Now enter the room adjacent to the galaxy map room, the lab proper. To be thorough, we’ll access any objects that are accessible.
- In the lab proper, first access the Sovereign Fragment. Next to the fragment is a monitor with a video log and some encrypted data to the right of it. You’ll get into the encrypted data in a bit.
- Now turn around and head to the lab area with the Plesiosaur skeleton hanging above. Underneath the skeleton is another monitor. You can access the console, a video log and a picture below it.
- Head deeper into the lab to access a PDA on the island counter. On the L-shaped counter along the wall, there’s a switch. Flip it to see images appear on the wall. They were notes Bryson was taking. Access the notes. This will add a filter to the galaxy map giving the map parameters to narrow down Garneau’s location.
- To the left of the notes that appeared on the wall, are some rocks. Examine the rocks, then use the scope. Another filter. As you check the area, look for the low shelf that contains a “SMG Mass Pulse Recoil System I”.
- Now head up the stairs into Bryson’s bedroom. Next to the chair is a stand with a picture placed on top. Examine it to grab the code for the encrypted piece of data under the monitor next to the Sovereign fragment.
- After accessing the encrypted data, another filter will be available. Now head back to the galaxy map room. Look for the corner of the room with two monitors hanging on the wall. Access the consoles for each to get another filter.
- Move to the galaxy map and you’ll see 4 filters. The one on the bottom right is for creature sightings, top right is blackout crimes, top left is locations with element zero, and bottom left is reaper activities.
- To find Garneau’s location, activate all the filters except for the blackout crimes. You’ll find his location.
- Now head back to the courtyard and get into the shuttle, to get to the Normandy.
- When you’re on the Normandy, access your galaxy map, then look for “Caleston Rift”. It’s on the right side of the galaxy. When you enter the rift, immediately leave the system, and head right toward Aysur. Scan south of the sun to find Mahavid located in the asteroid belt.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page