Mass Effect 3: Prejak Paddle Fish Easter Egg
Mass Effect 3 is all about consequences — but some of your choices don’t result in sweeping changes or dramatic reveals. Sometimes, it’s all about keeping a single little fish alive. Below, you’ll learn how to find and unlock this deceptively hidden carry-over from Mass Effect 2. Prepare to transfer your save file, because you’re starting all the way back in the second game to unlock this hidden intelligence.
If you’re looking to save the universe without all this hidden nonsense, check out our text and video walkthrough. If you’re looking for even more hidden nonsense, take a trip to our Mass Effect 3 cheats page.
SPOILER WARNING: Massive Mass Effect 2 Spoilers! Minor Mass Effect 3 Spoilers!
How To Find The Prejak Paddle Fish Easter Egg
- Before looking to find this fish in Mass Effect 3, load up Mass Effect 2. This is going to take awhile.
- First of all, you’re going to need to romance Kelly Chambers, your helpful red-headed aid. She’ll offer to talk to you about your crew between missions, but you’ll need to stop and ask how she’s doing every once in awhile. Eventually, you’ll get to the point where you can ask her to take care of your fish.
- Up in Shepard’s cabin, there’s a fish-tank. The fish inside will be fed by Kelly Chambers once she agrees, but there’s one problem — you don’t start with any fish in the aquarium. The rest of the fish don’t carry-over into ME3, you only need the Prejak Paddle Fish.
- To get a Prejak Paddle Fish, go to Ilium and purchase it from a store called Memories of Ilium for 8000, or 6666 at an earned discount. Remember, Kelly Chambers needs to promise to take care of your fish. Otherwise, the fish will die between missions if you don’t feed it yourself.
- With the fish still living, eventually you’ll reach a point where your ship is attacked by the Collectors and your crew kidnapped — including Kelly Chambers. You’ll need to feed your fish and take off for the Collector Base right-away. If you wait too long to attack the Collectors, Kelly Chambers will die with the rest of your crew.
- Attack the Collector base, save Kelly, make sure the Prejak Paddle Fish is bought, and make sure she’s romanced enough to promise to take care of your aquatic friends. With all that done, you can jump into Mass Effect 3.
- NOTE: Romancing Kelly Chambers will not negatively impact any other relationships in Mass Effect 2. Even when she (Erotically!) dances for Shepard.
- Carry-over your Mass Effect 2 save into Mass Effect 3. After a mission, you’ll be able to speak with Kelly Chambers with other refugees on the Citadel. Be patient, she’ll show up eventually.
- Talk to Kelly and she’ll give you the fish. Finishing ME3 with New Game Plus will unlock special secret intel for getting your precious fish back. Goodluck!
Game Front’s Official Mass Effect 3 Video Walkthroughs
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ Mitch – FemShep Paragon)
Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough Playlist (w/ James – MaleShep Renegade)