Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack Offers New Maps, Characters
The list of updates to Mass Effect 3′s multiplayer mode marches on. Starting this weekend, the Rebellion Pack — available for free download — will bring a host of new goodies. Which I could very well paraphrase, but since you’re probably here for the gory details, why don’t we let BioWare’s overworked PR department take care of it.
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Land on Firebase Jade, located in a Salarian STG base on Sur’Kesh and fight to control Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Level and promote six new unlockable characters, including the ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel or the Male Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator.
- New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will demand that teams retrieve a high priority package and securely escort it to a designated extraction zone on each map.
- New Gear Slot – A new slot will be available on the equipment screen, offering players a persistent gameplay bonus that will not expire after the end of a match. These new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
- Lethal New Weapons – Eliminate the enemy with deadly new weapons, including the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.
They may be taking their sweet time with the ending DLC (when is it going to come out, we wonder), but at least BioWare is giving Mass Effect fans (the ones who play multiplayer, anyway) some new toys to play with.