Mass Effect 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Prologue: Earth
- Priority: Mars
- Priority: Citadel
- Priority: Palaven
- Priority: Sur’Kesh
- Tuchanka – Turian Platoon
- Attican Traverse – Krogan Team
- Priority: Tuchanka
- Priority: Citadel 2
- Priority: Perseus Veil
- Rannoch – Geth Fighter Squadrons
- Rannoch – Admiral Koris
- Priority: Rannoch
- Priority: Thessia
- Priority: Sanctuary
- Priority: Cerberus HQ
- Priority: Earth
- It’s time to destroy that Reaper base on Rannoch. Tali must be a part of your squad for this mission, so choose a team member that balances out the team. To infiltrate, Legion recommends using the upper entrance. Legion will head out first on his own mission. From here, Tali surveys the planet. She can’t believe she’s on Rannoch.
- When you’re in control, it’s time to focus on the mission at hand. You’ll see Shepard and crew survey the base from some rocks up high. They drop down and immediately take cover behind some metal pipes and barriers. The geth will notice and start shooting.
- As you proceed from cover to cover, the path will lead down into a hallway that you’ll need to enter. Take out all the enemies that oppose you as you move ahead to that hallway. As you near the hallway entrance, the door closes down hard. More troops will arrive. Take them out. After they’re done for, you’ll need to find another way up. Look for the pipes to the right of the now closed hallway and climb up.
- Take cover as soon as you reach the top of the ladder. You can take either the left or right one. Geth troops will be waiting including some rocket troopers. There are a couple of paths that lead up. There is a ladder to the left as well as more pipes you can climb on the right side. Both can flank the enemy. When the enemies have been downed, head toward the opening where the steam is coming out from a trio of pipes.
- Before you climb the ladder that leads up to those pipes, look behind you to grab the “Kassa Fabrication Gauntlets”. When you reach the top of the ladder, climb the pipes up to the grated platform. You’ll have barriers on the sides and metal crates to use for cover.
- Since you’re on the top level you can use this to your advantage. Geth troops will flood the bottom floor. Set your team up at the top so they can get fired upon. There’s a path on the left that leads to a walkway along some pipes. You can use it to flank as the enemies are occupied by your squadmates.
- When you get the jump on them, it should make the fight easier. When the geth enemies are down, drop down a level, then head for the door with the green holo-panel. it will lead to a room that leads to a ramp, that leads outside to some more walkways. At the “T” intersection, head left to grab a “SMG Ultralight Materials III”, then head back the other way to continue.
- As you move along the walkway, more geth troops will drop in. Keep pushing forward. Use the cylinders on the sides for cover. The fight will continue down the walkway into a corridor where crossfire will occur on the left side balcony. When the fight is over, grab the “Geth Plasma Shotgun” before you head into the doors.
- Follow the corridor after you head through the doors. You’ll enter another set of doors that lead to a room full of pistons. The path will head left and turn into a “U” shape. Use “V” to see your objective, the “Override” panel. Watch out for fire from the opposite side of the walkway.
- Push down the path and take out any hostiles. Use the “Override” console so Legion can use it to bypass systems. Immediately take cover, since the objective now is to survive. Ride out the wave, then use the console that appears on your waypoint. This will open the blast shield doors.
- A lift will come down. Unfortunately a geth prime and a rocket trooper will arrive on the lift. Take them out, then head up the lift. When you get to the top of the lift, you’ll need to head to the ledge that’s marked as a waypoint. There’s a geth prime directly in front of you with two more on the left and right.
- This can be a tough fight, since the primes use shields and are highly armored, plus there are freaking three of them. Make sure to take cover and gain some distance away from them. Be sure to also pick up the “Geth Spitfire”, which can take down the primes faster than your normal weapons.
- When the primes are down, head outside to the ledge. You’ll be equipped with a targeting laser that will demolish the highlighted target inside the shaft. The Normandy will come and blow it up, then Shepard will fall because of the explosion.
- Unfortunately, a Reaper emerges from the hole you just blasted. When you’re in control, run left to the “Hovercraft” waypoint. As you take off in the fighter, you’ll be on a mounted turret. Aim for the Reaper as it flies around it. The bullets are no good, but an orbital strike will hit the Reaper and temporarily disable it.
- Legion suggests to leave since it’s currently disabled, but Shepard decides to take it down once and for all so the quarians can survive on Rannoch. Shepard wants the targeting laser linked up to the entire quarian fleet. Now it’s up to you to laser target the Reaper.
- Boss Fight: When you come to, it’s you versus the Reaper. Aim for the weak spot where it shoots the laser and the targeting system will zero in on your tag. Each time you make a successful target, the Reaper will come closer.
- Remember that when you target the Reaper, the gun will keep the lock from the laser designation, so you can continue it as you hold down the “left mouse button”. This way you can focus on dodging the incoming lasers, since they are one shot kills, and when there’s an opening you can use the opportunity to aim the laser at the Reaper.
- The Reaper will come ridiculously close to you, but with the final hit, time will slow down. Be quick and aim for the weak spot, before the Reaper shoots it’s laser. All the quarian ships will fire and take down the Reaper. The Reaper will warn Shepard that they cannot win.
- Now comes a very difficult decision or a really good one. Legion would like to upload the Reaper code into the geth, but Tali says that if they do it, the quarians would be destroyed by the geth.
- You’ll have to choose between the quarians and the geth. The options are “Upload the code” or “We’re letting the geth die”. I personally chose “We’re letting the geth die”, but Legion will still plead to Shepard that with the upgrade they could assist with the Crucible. From here, I had a paragon choice “Rally the fleet”, renegade choice, “Warn the fleet”, plus the two original options, “Upload the code” and “Let the geth die”. I chose the paragon option and in the aftermath, both the quarians and the geth survived, which seems like the best outcome.
- Legion will upload the code and the fleet will stand down. In the end, Legion must sacrifice himself to give the rest of the geth a new existence. From here, the geth and their creators, the quarians, begin to rebuild. Tali wll also remove her mask and breathe the Rannoch air.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page
Love Mass Effect almost as much as we do? Leave some support in the comments section and help us help you defeat the Reapers.