Mass Effect PC Lands May 6
BioWare has announced a solid release date for the Mass Effect PC version. The game will be hitting stores May 6, giving players just enough time to recover from Cinco de Mayo before plunging in headlong.
Changes from the original Xbox360 release have also been announced. PC gamers can look forward to:
- New squad control interface – Players can now issue commands to individual squad members, providing a new level of depth to the tactical combat.
- Hot-key functionality – Biotic powers and abilities can be mapped to individual keys, allowing a faster “run and gun” style of gameplay.
- Re-designed Mako controls – Players can explore alien planets and engage in vehicular combat with an intuitive and fully camera independent control system for the Mako, their all-terrain vehicle.
- Quick-save – New quick-save button and increased number of save slots.
- New decryption mini-game – A new decryption mini-game invites players to test their skills as they avoid obstacles and move their icon to the center of the digital mechanism.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.
via Blue’s News