Max Payne 3: Colder Than The Devil’s Heart Achievement Guide
Killing is what Max Payne does best, but not even Max can kill 30 bad guys in less than a few minutes — not easily, at least. There’s one section in Max Payne 3 where you can unlock three achievements or trophies in one go, if you know where to look and what to do. Even knowing how to get these achievements won’t be enough, it might take some practice, but with our advice you’ll have these points or trophies in a New York minute.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Colder Than The Devil’s Heart (15 Points / Bronze): Kill 30 enemies in 2 minutes.
- Trouble Had Come To Me (15 Points / Bronze): Clear everyone on the bus ride.
- It’s Fear That Gives Men Wings (20 Points / Bronze): 10 Bullet Time kills in a row.
- All three achievements can be unlocked at once in Chapter 10, Checkpoint 11. Play on Easy, with Auto-lock set to maximum, none of these achievements have a difficulty or Free Aim requirement.
- The ride is less than 2 minutes total, if you manage to kill every enemy, you’ll unlock “Colder Than the Devil’s Heart,” but you’ll need to kill every enemy. To do so, make sure to hit every explosive gas station and lock-on to every incoming enemy. Remember, you don’t run out of ammo during this sequence, so just keep shooting.
- Make sure to use Bullet Time freely as you go, targeting the pumps and shooting down stragglers as soon as they appear. When the soldier with a rocket launcher appears, make sure to kill the two enemies to the left and right of him before you kill the rocket soldier, or else the sequence will end before you can finish the other two off.
- Killing every enemy on the bus ride will also unlock the “Trouble Had Come to Me” achievement. Now you’ve got one left for the big defense. Count enemies and wait patiently for your Bullet Time to recharge fully. If eight enemies aren’t attacking, after killing a few more should appear even in Bullet Time.
- Once you spot eight, hit Bullet Time and target one enemy at a time, from left to right or right to left. Remember, auto-lock and easy difficulty will make unlocking the achievement much easier.