Max Payne 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Something Rotten in the Air
- Chapter 2: Nothing but the Second Best
- Chapter 3: Just Another Day at the Office
- Chapter 4: Anyone Can Buy Me a Drink
- Chapter 6: A Dame, a Dork and a Drunk
- Chapter 6: A Dame
- Chapter 7: A Hangover Sent Direct From Mother Nature
- Chapter 8: Ain’t No Reprievement Gonna Be Found Otherwise
- Chapter 9: Here I Was Again, Halfway Down the World
- Chapter 10: It’s Drive or Shoot, Sister
- Chapter 11: Suntan Oil, Stale Margaritas and Greed
- Chapter 12: The Great American Savior of the Poor
- Chapter 13: A Fat Bald Dude With a Bad Temper
- Chapter 14: One Card Left to Play
Chapter 1: Something Rotten in the Air
- You begin the game as Max “settles” into his new life in a new apartment. You find out that Max works for a one Rodrigo Branco as he keeps an eye on him at a high end party. Pretty soon a gang arrives in the elevator and causes havoc.
- They take Branco and Branco’s wife, Fabiana. The party is officially deemed over and you’re off to chase them.
- As soon as you’re in control of Max, you’ll go through a tutorial. As the enemy appears in the hallway, press “R3” to activate bullet time, then aim for the head to take him out with “R2”. Next, hold the left analog to move forward, then press “R1” to perform a shoot dodge. Take out one of the two guys. As you’re falling to the ground, hold L2 to immediately target the third enemy, then take him out.
- As you enter this extravagant room, use the tools that were just given to you to take care of the bad guys. If you take damage, by having the meter of Max fill up red, press “Up” on the d-pad to take a pain killer. No regenerating health here.
- Before you head out to the balcony, pick up the ammo left behind as well as some painkillers on the coffee table. When you’re ready, head outside. You’ll see Branco’s wife being used as a human shield. Max will then slide down across a rooftop. It will trigger a slow motion sequence. Aim for the head of the captor, then watch the bullet fly as you hit the pool.
- After rescuing Branco’s wife, you’re off to find out what happened to Branco. As you exit the elevator, you’ll be in the lobby. Take out the enemy here. You’ll see pillars up ahead. Press “square” to take cover. From here, you can peek out using the left analog stick and hold “L2” to aim. Kill the two enemies that appear. Watch out, they flank.
- As you turn to the next set of double doors, what’s called “the last enemy” appears. From here, when you put the final round into him, you can hold “X” to slow down the bullet cam. Once it hits him, you can repeatedly press “R2” to fire rounds into his body as he goes down.
- Move down to the parking garage, where a group of enemies will attack. Take cover on the pillars, then take them down using bullet time and shoot dodge. When they’re down for the count, go to the flashing panel by the garage door, then press “triangle” to open it.
- Move into this next stretch of garage as you look for clues. In the corner of the this portion of the parking garage, by the yellow painted lines, there’s a golden gun part.
- Move up the parking garage and examine the picture of Branco and his wife. Head up, then take cover. You’ll see more enemies up ahead. Take them out and the let the last one have it.
- You’ll then see Branco being taken into a van. Before it gets away, time will slow down. Shoot the tires to stop it. Bad guys will emerge from the van. Slow time down and take them out. When they’re down, Branco will force himself out from the rear of the van, knocking you down. Two more enemies appear on the far side of the garage. Take them out as well.
- You’ll see Max calm down Branco as the police arrive. It’s time to head home for some R and R.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page