Max Payne 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Something Rotten in the Air
- Chapter 2: Nothing but the Second Best
- Chapter 3: Just Another Day at the Office
- Chapter 4: Anyone Can Buy Me a Drink
- Chapter 5: Alive If Not Exactly Well
- Chapter 6: A Dame, a Dork and a Drunk
- Chapter 7: A Hangover Sent Direct From Mother Nature
- Chapter 8: Ain’t No Reprievement Gonna Be Found Otherwise
- Chapter 9: Here I Was Again, Halfway Down the World
- Chapter 10: It’s Drive or Shoot, Sister
- Chapter 11: Suntan Oil, Stale Margaritas and Greed
- Chapter 12: The Great American Savior of the Poor
- Chapter 13: A Fat Bald Dude With a Bad Temper
- Chapter 14: One Card Left to Play
Chapter 8: Ain’t No Reprievement Gonna Be Found Otherwise
- In another flashback sequence, Passos leaves Max at the cemetery as Max overlooks Michelle and Rose’s tombstone in the snow. You’ll be interrupted by armed goons. Max will take cover and it’s up to you to take these guys out. Keep moving down the hill to reach Passos by taking cover and shooting any enemies you see.
- As you leave, you’ll meet up with Passos. Take out the driver of the van looking to run both of you over. When you turn around a flood of enemies will pour down from the stairs. Take them out, then head up the stairs. Use the gravestones as cover as you take out more enemies.
- When they’ve all been killed, Passos will head through the gate with you. Take the painkillers by the wooden cabinet by the gate. More goons will be waiting for you. You’ll see Passos take cover by the blue van, then take out a guy and run for it. As they’re distracted, take out as many guys as you can as you run to the van for cover.
- Take out the remaining bad guys, then follow the road to the arched gate. A lone enemy will emerge. Take him out, then take cover by the gate. You’ll see more enemies ahead. Some of them hop through the window, so be careful because they will get close.
- As their bodies lay on the ground, search to the left to grab a golden gun part, then head up the the stairs, past the fountain, toward the gate. You’ll see Passos with a gun held to his head as you make it through. Shoot the guy in the head, then take cover as more troops arrive on the circular battlefield.
- When the enemies are gone, the night shift worker asks what’s going on. He won’t make it, as you find out there’s a sniper up top in the mausoleum. From here Passos will provide cover fire for you. As he shoots, move up to the next piece of cover until you get to the mausoleum. What complicates things, however, is that enemy troops will pour out from the mausoleum. Take these guys out quickly before the sniper focuses on you.
- As you kill the last set of enemies, head left to the gate, but push up against the mausoleum. You should see the sniper above. Take him out for a slow motion kill. As you look for safety inside the mausoleum, you won’t find it. More enemies will be inside as they take you outside.
- They lead you to Tony’s father who is carrying a shovel. As Tony’s father lets you dig a grave, he goes off somewhere to weep. Since you have the shovel, press “R2” to take out the guys around you. Now move forward and take cover at the top of the stairs. Kill the enemy heading up.
- Head down the stairs, then follow the road down as you take out enemies. Turn left into the shed. There will be a golden gun part here, painkillers, as well as some much needed cover. When all the enemies in the vicinity are dead, head down the stairs to the morgue. How fitting.
- Take cover by the walls as you enter. Kill the two enemies that get in your way, then enter the office on your right to grab some painkillers. Head out to where the cadavers are and take care of the last guy. Move to the double doors to exit.
- Max and Passos will reach a church. You’ll hear more enemies saying they need to sweep everywhere. You’ll take cover by the podium. Take the painkillers while you’re at it. Take out the guys on the ground floor. The one up above, you’ll need to head up the stairs for. When he’s dead, grab his rifle, then protect Passos as a slew of enemies arrive. It’s time to find that phone.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page