MechWarrior Tactics Revealed as A Turn-Based Strategy Title
We previously teased you with news of MechWarrior Tactics, a free-to-play game powered by CryENGINE 3. We knew little else at the time, but the game has now been revealed to be an online turn-based strategy title that will release this year.
Executive producer Tarrnie Williams said:
MechWarrior Tactics delivers a powerful combination of skill, planning, and combat methodology coupled with great collectability. We’re truly excited to introduce a new style of gameplay to MechWarrior fans everywhere.
MechWarrior Tactics allows players the freedom to collect and purchase both combat and cosmetic resources to outfit each Mech, assemble a lance of four Mechs, and then go online for ranked multiplayer matches.
• Earn Experience and new resources as you advance your level through gameplay
• Upgrade and customize your Mechs in your Mech Bay
• Make the most of each Mech’s unique configuration for total battlefield domination
• Customizable Mechs – seamless store integration means never having to leave the game to purchase and equip new resources for your next mission
• Asynchronous Combat: Multiple concurrent battles with players from around the world
• Competitive ranked games and global leaderboards lets the world know you’re in charge. Play for a chance to win larger, more meaningful reward payouts
• Watch and share your completed battle using a unique cinematic replay feature
I was a huge MechWarrior fan back in the ’90s — I recall sitting in a closed cockpit and skirmishing with my friends at an arcade — and while I did prefer the FPS iterations of MW, I do look forward to more giant robot battles. (Yes, I know they aren’t actually robots).
via press release