Metro: Last Light Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 12: Regina
- You’ll begin this section with Andrew the Blacksmith, giving you some brief respite before heading out into the tunnels once again. After getting up he’ll lead you to Regina, a railcar you’ll be using for the next two levels.
- Hop inside. Turn on the engine by pressing “Space”. Turn on the lights by pressing “F”. Move forward and backward by pressing “W” and “S” respectively. Finally, to go faster, hold “Left Shift”.
- Now, you can follow the tracks all the way until you reach the metal door, but what’s the fun in that? There are several rooms as you push forward that are completely optional, but provide rewards for entering. We’ll check them out.
- The first optional area is on the left. Exit the vehicle by pressing “E”. Head up the stairs past the gate to grab some military grade ammo. Keep pushing forward.
- Next up is a door on the left with a gas mask and filter hanging on the wall near the door. Open the door to reveal a nest full of spiders. Pump up your flashlight, then explore the area. There are a lot of spiders infesting this area, so be on your guard 360 degrees. As you explore, loot corpses. Take the path straight ahead instead of the one on the left. It will loop around anyway.
- When you see the red light, watch out for spiders crawling on the ceiling. Approach the red light into the hallway. Pump the fuse box at the end, then loot the corpse. All the lights in the room will now turn on. Exit the hallway, then make a left to complete the loop, looting more skeletons along the way.
- Hop back into Regina to continue following the tracks. As you push forward the spiders will start crawling around inside the tunnel. The next area to explore is on the left highlighted by green, glowing mushrooms.
- You’ll be wading through water. Head inside, then make a right. Turn on the fuse box, then follow the hallway until you reach a desk with ammo and ammo inside a locker. Quickly run out. You’ll get attacked. Quickly tap “E” to kill your assailant. Continue to ride the track.
- You’ll reach a big metal door. Before you open it however, grab the filter on the right side of the tunnel, then enter the blue door on the same side. Inside is another spider nest, only this time, the area is foggy. However, you’ll find light sources as you explore. The first lantern will be on your left.
- Keep moving through since the path is linear. On your left will be a barred gate where the fuse box is used as a tease. Like the other spider nest, be cautious. After passing through the open doorway, look left to see a corpse with a lantern next to it. Light the lantern for safety, then continue on to the room with the fuse box.
- Pump it up, then exit out the way you came. Open the huge metal doors. Once you do, you’ll be gasping for air. Put your gas mask on by holding “G”. Follow the green lights inside the tunnel. There will be a fork with a subway car on the left. Enter it to grab some loot. When you enter, you’ll be attacked.
- Continue forward with Regina. You’ll see sun shafts lighting up the tracks from above. Ahead will be a subway car. Stop right before, to explore the room on the right side. Grab the filter before you head inside. There will be a handful of Watchmen here so take them out as you explore the room. There are only corpses to loot here.
- Hop back on Regina to push the train car ahead. As you’re doing this, the Watchmen will growl. Immediately look behind you. They’ll begin their attack. Shoot them as they approach and as they take a temporary ride on Regina.
- Stop for a bit and look left to see another explorable room. Grab the filter by the door, then head inside. This room contains ominous shadows when the flashlight isn’t focused on them. Move through to the end of the room to loot the box next to the corpse. When you leave, the shadows won’t be shadows.
- Continue pushing the train forward, then defend yourself as more Watchmen arrive from behind. After they’ve been taken out, there’s a room to the right you can enter. You’ll need to wade through some water. Make your way to the end of the path using the green mushrooms as guides.
- Kill all the Watchmen in the vicinity, then loot the corpse at the end of the tunnel. Don’t forget to grab the journal entry as well. Head back out to Regina and keep pushing that train. More Watchmen will attack from behind.
- The train car will head right and crash. From here, back Regina up before the track switcher. Switch it to head to the left path. Crash through the logs, then the next set. Eventually, you’ll start speeding up and lose control.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page