Metro: Last Light Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 18: Undercity
- You’ll begin to get ready at the church. After you hop out of bed, follow Anna. On the left hand side, Anna will mention that there’s a traveling merchant here to help you stock up on ammo and weapons.
- After you’re finished shopping, move toward the front door. There will be a knock, then an explosion. Anna will be taken. When you get up, it’s time to head downstairs into the catacombs. Follow the path down. Eventually you’ll reach a burning crate on the left, dead bodies, and a recording on the ground saying Anna has been taken. Continue moving down through a tunnel full of cobwebs.
- Move through the area where your lights and night vision won’t work. Keep following the tunnel. You’ll begin to hear growls, then a bell. Corpses will begin to walk, then fade away. Eventually, you’ll reach a shaft with an elevator. But it’s more like a hanging basket.
- Hop inside. The basket will lower. As this happens, Watchmen attack. Take them out as they cling onto the basket. After killing a few of their population the basket will eject you onto a wooden platform. Quickly tap “E” to hang on a kill the remaining Watchman.
- Head down the incline as you enter the cave entrance. When you reach the pools of water, take out the group of Watchmen, then head to the body with the backpack for looting. Continue down the tunnel where you’ll hear booming footsteps.
- The path will fork. Take the right path. Your lights and night vision will be disabled once again. Don’t worry, this path will loop around. Loot the area for ammo and filters. When you head past the triple archway, your lights will turn on again. Take out the Watchman ahead.
- Head into the small opening to loot the body up above a backpack. Continue down the wooden walkway as you pass by a waterfall. Move into the tunnel with the flashing light. There’s a wooden door here, that needs to be cranked to open. Before you do this, you’ll be attacked by a mob of Watchmen. When all is clear, loot the bodies near the door, then open the door.
- Head down past the flying bats, then hop onto the platform with the handle above. You’ll slowly teeter down. Drop down and you’ll be above some wooden steps. There are Watchmen ahead that cling upside down and deafen your ears. Stay above here then attack. The monsters will funnel their way up the stairs, so be prepared. When they’re all dead, push toward the flashing light.
- Loot the corpses just before the wooden ramp, then climb the ramp. Drop down on the other side, until you reach a wooden elevator you need to pull the lever for. Take out the initial Watchmen, then pull the lever. Another mob will attack. When they’ve been killed, hop onto the elevator.
- When you reach the top, loot the corpses, then move onto the bridge. Big Momma won’t allow you pass. The bridge will collapse and you’ll both fall through. It’s boss fight time! Let Big Momma charge you as it takes out the pillars one by one. After all pillars are done for, it will move onto the next room. Keep shooting at it though just in case.
- In the next room, loot the corpse and the box next to it. Move past the torch into another arena. Take out the Watchmen first, since they’re annoying as hell, then focus on Big Momma. Let Big Momma take out everything in the room as it charges you. Lay down some fire on it. It’ll go down eventually.
- After the fight, the walls will crack and water will crash through. You’ll be sucked in through the hole and eventually get knocked out after being submerged in water.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page