Metro: Last Light Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 3: Pavel
- When you wake up again, you’ll be in a room drenched in red light, along with three other captives and two guards. The guards will begin to question the captives. When they turn their attention toward you, one of the captives will attack the guards. You’ll then be partnered with a captive once the guards have been killed.
- He’ll give you a knife. The door with the screened windows will be locked, so the only way out is through the garbage chute. Pavel will flip the switch. He’ll be your partner until you need to split up he says. He’ll head through the chute first. Follow him by sliding down.
- When you reach the bottom, you’ll enter a tunnel with all sorts of junk including barrels and wood planks. Follow Pavel as you both make your way through the tunnel. Up ahead, you’ll see an opening with hanging bodies ahead. It’s a huge shaft that leads up. It’s also a makeshift concentration camp.
- Follow Pavel to the edge of the opening. You’ll be safe as long as you stay in the shadows. Follow the shadow’s path to the tunnel on the other side. Stay with certain shadows as some of them will shift as you move across.
- When you reach the other side, the gate will be barred. Unfortunately it can’t be opened, so instead Pavel asks you to lift him up to the ladder above. He’ll drop it down for you. Climb up the ladder, then stay behind Pavel. Follow him when he tells you, then stop when he tells you to as well. A guard will pass by.
- When you emerge from the other side, Pavel will take the left guard and you’ll take the right. Drop down, then get behind the guard in front of the control panel. Wait for Pavel to distract the guard across the way, then either knock out (Press E) or kill the guard (Press V).
- After both guards are down, use the lever, to drop down a staircase. Climb up the stairs. When you reach the top, unscrew the light bulb on the wall, then stay here for a little bit. Take notice of the guard across the lit up bridge as well as Pavel ahead messing with the fuse box.
- Once he takes out the lights, move across the bridge, to take out the guard. Once his body goes limp, climb the ladder near his fallen body, then head through the pipe housing green glowing mushrooms. Keep shuffling through until you reach the end, where you’ll climb down.
- You’ll grab the throwing knives on the corpse after you drop. To throw them, aim, then press “C”. Opposite the corpse are some boxes with a journal entry on one of them. Head up the concrete ramp to where the light bulb is. Unscrew the bulb, then take out the guard ahead. Careful of his flashlight.
- Move past the prisoners, then up the rusty, metal staircase. Unscrew any bulbs you see to give you an advantage. When you reach the top, you’ll see a pallet jack on the right. Wait for Pavel to take out the guard on the left, then press the green button, next to the pallet jack to open the garage door.
- Take out the lone guard, then head inside to flip the switch as the door closes behind you. Before the door opens to the other section, Pavel will throw you a suppressed gun and tell you that your watch indicates whether you’re visible or not. When the watch on your left hand lights up blue, you’ll be seen. Otherwise, you’ll be in the shadows.
- When the doors open, Pavel will be up top, while you take the bottom. The first guard you come across, as the tunnel turns right, will be taken out by Pavel if you wait long enough. Follow the tunnel. If you want to take the high ground, look for a red light on the right side, then climb the ladder.
- Push forward and you’ll have to contend with a handful of guards at the end of the tunnel. Some are scattered in the storage area, two more are near the control panel, and one is patrolling a catwalk above. After you’ve dispatched them quietly, flip the switch on the control panel by the window to let the prisoners free.
- Head to Pavel, then move to the switch opposite the huge metallic doors to open it. Move through as you and Pavel enter the next area.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page