Metro: Last Light Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 7: Torchlight
- You’ll begin on some tracks with Pavel. The walls are lined up with hundreds of wooden spikes. When Pavel is finished spouting things about the Three Musketeers, follow the tracks down the tunnel.
- You’ll hear a broadcast saying that the lights will be turned off. Turn on your flashlight, then continue following the tracks. You’ll reach a wall of cobwebs. You’ll now be taught how to charge your flashlight to make it as bright as possible. Hold “F” to charge your light, then keep pressing “LMB” until the meter goes full.
- Keep moving forward until you reach a cave in. Pavel feels a draft, then notices a sewer grate. Quickly tap “E” to open the grate. Drop down after its opened up. Remember those cobwebs before? Well there’s a ton of them now. Follow Pavel, through the tunnel, full of egg sacs.
- You’ll reach a shaft with an elevator. Pavel will press the switch. It works! Head inside as the elevator ascends. Albeit slowly. Eventually, the monsters that live in this place will emerge. Shoot them because the elevator can’t carry all the weight. Pavel will then tell you their belly is a vulnerability. When you see one, shine a light on them until they turn belly up, then fire.
- Pavel will get attacked. Shine a light on the spider, then shoot the belly. Head through the door that Pavel opens. Turn left on the tracks as you keep following. There’s a gap ahead. You’ll need to jump it. The next gap ahead can’t be jumped.
- While Pavel figures out something to do, to get across, take out the spiders. Pavel will call you for help to take out a pole. Head toward him then quickly tap “E” to remove the pole. Pavel will use the pole to vault over.
- When it’s your turn press “E” after Pavel throws the pole back at you. You’ll make it across, but you’ll have to move quickly as more spiders emerge. Pavel will give you a lift to the top of the train car ahead and you’ll return the favor by pulling him up. Pavel will also help you out with your spider problem.
- Move across the train, take out a spider that lurks from behind, then head toward Pavel, so you can both swing, using a rope to reach the other side of the tracks. After you get up, follow the tracks to the bright light ahead. The spiders will back off.
- The doorway ahead is blocked by cobwebs. Pavel will make a torch to burn them away. Stay close to Pavel as you follow the tracks. Keep watching the rear for spiders. You’ll soon reach a door. Pavel will burn the roots to gain access to the door. Unfortunately it’s locked. Pavel will mention that you’ll need to start the power to open the door by following the wire.
- Of course, you’re not done with the spider yet. Head through the doorway with the fuse box you need to get to, teasing you on the left, out of reach. Follow the path where all the eggs and cobwebs are. Make sure to keep your flashlight as bright as possible.
- Continually watch your back and be on high alert. Near the entrance is a journal entry on the left, held by a skeleton near a pipe. When you see a spider, shine a light on it, then shoot its belly. Keep moving through until you reach a room with a lantern on a table. Light it up to create a safe zone. Grab the ammo on the table.
- When you’re done resting up, leave the room, then head right. When you see the red light, you’re getting close to the fuse box. Enter the room with the fuse box, then power it up to unlock the door where Pavel is waiting.
- Follow the wire back through the open grate and with just a few steps, you’ll see Pavel again. The door will open and you’ll be lead to the next area.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page