Minecraft Mod — Acid Trip
Now here is something truly spectacular. A Minecraft player found a way to create this warped reality effect by combining a shader mod with a custom shader. As you move around, a depth-of-field effect distorts objects out of focus.
This effect obviously makes it difficult to navigate the Minecraft world, so it’s more of a novelty than a mod you’ll actively play — unless you want to consider it a “challenge” mod.
Want to know how to make your Minecraft take drugs?
- Install the GLSL shaders mod, found here
- Create a backup of your existing base.vsh file (located inside minecraft.jar)
- Copy the text of this custom shader and paste it into a blank .txt file
- Rename the .txt file to “base.vsh” and drag it into your minecraft.jar directory
- Boot up Minecraft and start trippin’
See this effect in action here:
That is all.