Minecraft Mod — Single Player Commands
Looking for more Minecraft strategies, secrets, and easter eggs? Check out Game Front’s video walkthrough app for iOS devices to get our extensive library of top-quality gaming video guides with hilarious commentary.
UPDATE (07/04/2011): We’ve updated the download links with the latest version of Single Player Commands, v2.10 (1.7.2 BETA)
Single Player Commands is a popular mod for Minecraft that allows total control of the game world through typed commands, reminiscent of cheat codes from the days of old.
The commands, of which there are a few dozen, allow you to do such things as:
- Shoot a primed TNT in the direction you are pointing
- Kill the NPC you are pointing at
- Kill all aggressive or friendly NPCs
- Ride any NPC which you point at
- Turn player damage on/off
- Destroy the current item
- Set the difficulty to the specified level (0-3)
- Turn item drops on/off
- Transfer everything in your inventory into a chest that spawns next to you
- Put out all nearby fire (or all fire)
- Turn fall damage on/off
- Turn fire damage on/off
- Turn flying mode on/off
- Freeze mobs so that they cannot move or attack you
- Heal a player the specified number of points
- Keep your items when you die
- Kill all living creatures nearby
- Repair the currently selected item to full health
- Change your players skin to any Minecraft player
- Spawn an individual creature
Here’s a video that showcases a couple features–crank up the volume to hear what the author is saying.
Can’t get enough Minecraft? Check out our list of the ten best Minecraft Texture Packs.