Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Guide
Table of Contents
- The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft will be almost identical to the PC version. This does not apply to crafting, however. This version of Minecraft introduces a new, more efficient, way to craft objects. This version includes a new interface where you can browse all of the different objects you can create. All of the objects are sorted into groups which are very easy to navigate, including structures, tools, weapons, food, armor, mechanisms, transport, and decorations. In this version, you can still craft any object that is available in the standard PC edition.
- There are three essential objects which are important to crafting in Minecraft. Early in the game, you may want to create a crafting table. Crafting tables give you the ability to craft more intricate objects using the 3×3 grid. While crafting in your inventory, you only have access to a 2×2 grid which limits the amount of objects you can create. Your inventory does not have much room, so you may want to increase its capacity. You can do this by crafting a chest, which will hold materials that you place inside the chest. You can combine two chests for double the space. Furnaces are used for smelting. Smelting is useful for a few different purposes such as melting ingots, and cooking food.
- Structures: When building a shelter you will craft structures often. Structures can be used to build many different things, such as houses and mines. You can craft many different structures used for different purposes, such as doors, stairs, beds, windows, and chests.
- Tools are very important, and help you play the game more efficiently. The main tools you should be familiar with are the axe, pickaxe, hoe, shovel, and sword. Swords are very helpful for attacking nearby enemies. The axe is helpful for cutting down wooden objects such as trees. The hoe is used for planting, and the shovel is used for digging in the dirt. The pickaxe is very helpful for mining. Some resources, such as coal, cannot be gathered unless it is mined using a pickaxe. Tools become stronger and more efficient depending on what they are made out of. You can use wood, stone, iron, gold, and diamond to make tools. Diamond tools are strong and last a very long time, while wooden tools are weak and do not last very long.
- Weapons and armor can be crafted for attacking and defending. Just like tools, weapons and armor become more durable depending on what they are made out of. You can create different types of armor, such as leather, gold, chainmail, iron, and diamond armor. Armor absorbs damage and is destroyed after it is worn out. While tools can double as a weapon, there are some tools which are specifically used for attacking enemies or helpless creatures. You can craft bow and arrows from strings, sticks, feathers, and flint, or you can create a sword made from wood, stone, ingots, or diamond.