This mod brings Adeptus Mechanicus Explorators faction into Soulstorm. After the 1st Public Beta, this is now the Release Candidate version.
This is the next version of the Adeptus Mechanicus Explorators mod for SoulStorm.
Just unrar the archive in your SS folder, and select the mod from your in-game Mod Manager. Make a CLEAN Install of this latest version. DELETE previous versions.
Besides the Objective Points Mod, Adeptus Mechanicus now requires FreeUI Mod.
Get FreeUI 1.6 Mod Here: Moddb.com
The Changelog is immense. What follows does not cover the full extend of changes. For those lazy to read, just note that we added an ATTACHMENT system, that you may want to experiment with. So:
- Taskbar slightly updated to conform to the new attachment system. See "Attachable Skull Swarms", below.
- Some fixes in the map portion of the taskbar.
- Visitors texture updated. Now they are OK, and TC. I HATE doing textures, but for this it was absolutely necessary.
- Re-worked some icons (for example, the Power-producing button in LPs was a bit confusing).
- There was an issue with the Archimagos Prime, and his "relationship" with the NightBringer. So I FFE the whe to point to certain voice folders that I deemed more appropriate.
- Further optimised the code. I think it is as fast as possible, now. I removed many redundant calls and functions.
- if any Stalkers are inside the HQ at the time of going mobile, they now immediately spawn (previously they were utterly lost).
- Previously, if you were cueing squads AFTER the clicking the the Modile addon, they were lost (like the Stalkers, above). Now, with an AE trick, you are UNABLE to cue squads if you click the mobile HQ addon.
- AI code updated for dual-role (commander + engineer) squads. Heavily updated (adapted) for skull probes. Code is "crude", but very efficient.
- Archmagos Prime was originally stuck between buildings sometimes (when fist built), because of its size. Updated code fixes this.
- HUGE overall update.
- Skull probe attachment major code update. NEW method coded - the core method we inefficient.
- Increased the max support cap from 16->20 (through the researches).
- Builders' infantry cap cost, reduced from 2->1. AI notified.
- Reduced Turret ability Requisition cost, from 400 to 300. AI notified.
- HQ max teleport range slightly increased, from 80 to 90.
- No longer the HQ regenerates. There are so many repairers, it is silly!
- Initial cost of HQ dropped from 450/350 to 400/150. (most vanilla races start with 450 req only). Cost for each additional HQ dropped from 250/150 to 200/150. (for most vanilla races the increase is 250/150).
- Visitors got +1 member. They now start with 2 members, and can be upgraded to 4. Formation updated.
- Gave Link Aura to Archimagos (both versions) as well.
- Skulls were repairing too fast. True for other other repairers as well. Lowered.
- Shotguns of Assault Skitarii were causing excessive knock-down. Lowered.
- Mobile HQ is now able to produce squads 25% faster. UCS updated in both the addon and the mobile HQ itself.
- Hell Stalker was starting with 2000 hps which is TOO FEW!!! I gave it a good boost of +400 hps. Seems much, but this is the melee vehicle of the army, and compared to a DN it is too weak.
- Hell Stalker's power cost was 350, which is TOO much. Lowered it to 300.
- Warriors (our walkers) start as light vehicles with 400 hps + a later research that give them +400 and medium vehicle armour!! At start, that is weaker than a good infantry unit. So I initially gave them a GOOD boost of +400 hps. Remember that the IG Sentinel starts with 1450 from scratch!!
- The Warrior's multi-melta did unappealing levels of damage compared to the lascannon (which is of MUCH longer range). So MM dps increased. Also, both weapons were unable to hit air units. Fixed as well.
- Electro armour offers 0.65 ranged damage protection to ALL entities - even enemies - which is OK. But it makes the King Russ unbeatable! So, for King Russ, the protection is lowered to 0.85 now.
- Morale_strength ratings for Automatons are now removed (as they should, mainly for squads). Reason: The Link system (which is attached to morale) is NOT squad-size dependent.
- MAJOR shotcuts update. All entries fixed. Researches included.
- Visitor melee damage was immense! Lowered.
- Praetorian squad loadout modifications: They now start with 2 additional support members (instead of 4), and gain +1 support member per cap research. So eventually they end up with +1 member compared to the previous build. Note: I didn't simply increase the standard "core squad" members number (it's still 1), because it offered no variation: If you indeed need more melee potential, you can always add the melee praetorian in the squad! Formation updated. Transuranic Sniper Cannon and double autocannons weapons' damage, nerffed (it was impossible!). HPs of praetorians modified accordingly (at this 7-members config, they were reaching above-termi HPs). They still kick butt, as they should, of course.
- More Formations Updated (besides Visitors and Praetorians): Skitarii hover (loosen up a bit), Servitors (square), Magos Explorator (triangle). All squads are now positioned in a very "orderly" fashion - as "the machine" should.
- Replaced Turret flamers with "Cryo" guns. (FFEed the whe with Cryo FX, update the Icon, update the weapon damage/stats hit FXes, UCS and AI)
- Turret Cryo-Gun weapon modifiers were dire (especially for movement). Fixed, based on reload_time value.
- Squad UI positioning in the HQ re-arranged, as brother Roderick suggested - I hope. Anyway, it seems much better now.
- Included a small AI update that I missed in the previous patch (fully reinforcing the praetorian squad).
- Countless outer small fixes.
- UCS updates.
- Hunter Killer missiles ability of King Russ was using a non-AM icon pattern. Updated.
- Hack ability of Magos Explorator was able to target own buildings, while it should ONLY affect enemy ones - a testing left-over. Fixed.
- Attachable Skull Swarms and Archimagos: FreeUI now allows 6 weapons + attachable squads. System GRAETLY updated. See UCS descriptions for more.
- More: Added some new event and FXes, added a missing one, fixed countless other tiny issues, massive UCS updates, etc.
Karandras - Project Leader, 3D-content, OE-code, FX, textures, AE-code.
Warboss_Rus - lead AE-coder.
Archon - 2D (menu design, old taskbar design)
Skinnie - FX, 2D-content (new taskbar, icons, etc.)
Andrei - 3D, animation.
MonkeyXXL - textures (teamcolors and reflection maps).
Dante Inferno - textures.
Investigator Techpriest -- Tanner Wallace
Hypasists -- Alex Waudby
Senior Hypasist (sergeant) -- Alex Waudby
SPOTTINGS (generic voice) -- David Bodtcher
Tribune (officer) -- Adrian Herrera
Assault Hypasists -- Matthew Green
Senior Assault Hypasist (assault sergeant) -- Matthew Green (currently uses my voice as a placeholder)
Sagitarii (special weapons) -- David Ramthum
Cataphractii Riders -- Caleb Lee
Melee/maintenance Servitor -- Oscar Johansson
Ranged Servitor -- Oscar Johansson
Chrono Gladiator -- Connor Mckinley
Praetorians (elite) -- Daniel Lemke
Senior Tribune -- Daniel Lemke
Magos Explorator -- Tom Holmes
Electropriests -- Lloyd Penny
Magos Artisan -- Donovan Noguez
ArchMagos -- Graeme Dunlop
Warrior of Omnissiah -- Curtis R Wilson
Hell Stalker -- Curtis R Wilson
Leman Russ King Pattern -- Tom Holmes
Mobile HQ -- David Bodtcher
Knight -- Josh Miner
Thudmeizer for coordinating, organizing voice recordings, support and many other things,
GoldenHorde for soundscript writing and valuable suggestions,
FoK team for their content, modified parts of which we use,
Elysian Legends Mod team for their content.