Makes the game much more hardcore and realistic, including new save system, removed HUD and much more.
Name: Experience mode v 1.5
Author: e1_nin0; translation, some tweaks and minor UI fixes by SurDno
Platform: Shadow of Chernobyl, AMK 1.4.1 Autumn Edition 3.1
Have you ever thought why even on the highest difficulty your character is always stronger than other stalkers? Why can you survive a pseudogiant with just a PM? Why it's easier to kill all of the Kuznetsov's forces instead of paying them? Well, the answer to all this questions is player's invisibility, done via save system.
Yes, he may not be invisible really, but he can always load a save until he finally kills a bloodsucker, he can always save during the battle after each killed enemy, he can always quickload until trader will have necessary items. That's the thing that makes the game too easy and unrealistic. And this mod fixes this situation.
* AA2.1 items restoration, such as flasks of water, chocolate bars, cigarettes and packets of juice. Descriptions and names are translated from Russian Experience mod, not left as in original AA2.1.
* New item: marijuana. Restores psy-health.
* Different cigarette types for different factions. Freedom and Monolith smoke marijuana; loners, bandits and zombies have cheap soviet cigarettes; Duty, Army and Mercs smoke expensive import cigarettes.
* No gameplay tab in options at all. No crosshair, no stalker recognition via crossha... screen center and via binocularus, minimap is disabled, no HUD for stamina and health, no console, and the difficulty is always 'master'.
* Save system is fully removed (including 'Save game' menu button, quicksaves and autosaves). Instead of that, the game only saves:
- while you sleep (one slot for each location). You can't sleep, if you're wounded (no matter how strongly);
- when you smoke (one common slot "Smoko"). You can't smoke, if you're heavily wounded (less than 66% of HP), out of breath (less than 66% of stamina), irradiated (more than 33% of radiation) and if there are enemies nearby.
* Cigarettes finally have their own sound when using.
* Radioactive artifacts are now dangerous even if they're just in inventory. To defend yourself from radiation, you need to buy an artifact container.
* If stalker notices an anomaly, he starts throwing bolts to locate and avoid it.
* More realistic weight. Now you can't sprint with 49.9 kg, the maximum run weight is 25.0 and the maximum walk weight is 30.0. Enjoy completing tasks to get money, not selling your dead enemies' equipment. The ability to move coprses has also been removed, so now you can't carry additional weight this way.
* New main menu. If you want to return to the old one, just find gamedata/textures/ui/mainmenu.dds, delete it and replace it with mainmenu_old.dds version by renaming to mainmenu.dds.
* NPC Detection Sound has been removed. Now either check you PDA contacts section periodically, or be ready for a bandit around the corner.
Don't forget to check the AMK options and change them as you like (A while in game - non-main - menu)
v 1.0 - First release for russians by e1_nin0.
v 1.1 - First english release by SurDno. Fixed grenade UI and translated about 60% of the ingame text.
v 1.2 - A quick fix. Translated everything untranslated (I believe), fixed inventory UI, got some icons from original AA 2.1, some from AMK + AA 2.1 and some fixed myself. Also changed the weight to be much more hardcore and realistic - now you can't make money just from selling your dead enemies' equipment.
v 1.3 - An update to work with AMK1.4.1 AE 3.1. Just one added feature: removing the abillity to move corpses, so now you can't bring additional weight this way.
v 1.4 - Minor bugfixes. Removing NPC detection sound.
v 1.5 - XML fixes, my another addon support (it's a secret yet ;P). Weapon swapper crashfix as a bonus.
KNOWN ISSUES AND TROUBLESHOOTING:
* Because e1_nin0 deleted console, there's no way to apply wrong R2 shadows fixes in game. Either do it manually via user.ltx or use console in main menu.
* There's a minor bug: if you open your inventory just after you use cigarettes, then HP/stamina/weight/bleeding/etc icons will be shown even if the inventory is not open. Just open and close your inventory to make it disappear. The same can sometimes happen when you use weapon swapper even without this addon, so only original mod author can fix it.
- install SoC 1.0004 and AMK 1.4.1 Autumn Edition 3.1;
- unpack the archive and put gamedata to the game directory X:\...\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl;
- agree with files overwriting;
Please, if you encounter any grammar mistakes, untranslated messages and bugs, write in the ModDB page comments. I am sure that original addon is almost perfectly bug-free, so it's only my fault.